HMS Ajax 38 gun frigate. Euromodel [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello. Just a few photos of the ships boat in situ, I think it looks ok and I'm pleased with outcome. I'll probably finish this build by the end of the week, I might then take some time off and have a few beers.

View attachment 393954

View attachment 393955

View attachment 393956
The little boat has a nice place on the main deck and has some very nice detailed ad-on’s. And the decoration around the hull is very subtly applied, Ken.
Regards, Peter

Reactions: Ken
Hello, Again welcome and many thanks for following and for your kind comments and likes.

I’ve taken onboard advice that Ajax did in fact have different size anchors and that this is reflected in one of the plan sheets, a bit confusing to show it differently. This helps as I was then able to fit the second anchors using the smaller ones supplied, I still think that they are the wrong shape but as they’re not very noticeable tucked away in the deadeye lanyards they’ll do for me. I also made up and fitted some buoys and to finish off I hoisted the very nice flags supplied.

Well folks that’s it for the build, I’ll tidy some loose ends up, give it a clean and when the weathers right do a final photo shoot then finish off with a summary. Thanks for joining me on my bumpy journey. Ken

179.jpg

180.jpg

181.jpg

182.jpg

183.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations. I agree with the rest it's a very nice model.
Do you intend to keep it or it goes to family or friends?

Hello, Again welcome and many thanks for following and for your kind comments and likes.

I’ve taken onboard advice that Ajax did in fact have different size anchors and that this is reflected in one of the plan sheets, a bit confusing to show it differently. This helps as I was then able to fit the second anchors using the smaller ones supplied, I still think that they are the wrong shape but as they’re not very noticeable tucked away in the deadeye lanyards they’ll do for me. I also made up and fitted some buoys and to finish off I hoisted the very nice flags supplied.

Well folks that’s it for the build, I’ll tidy some loose ends up, give it a clean and when the weathers right do a final photo shoot then finish off with a summary. Thanks for joining me on my bumpy journey. Ken

View attachment 394130

View attachment 394131

View attachment 394132

View attachment 394133

View attachment 394134
Good evening Ken. Yep you owned this!! Wow she looks beautiful on the stand and on the green lawn. Awesome build. Cheers Grant

Congratulations Ke!
you can be proud of yourself, you have created wonderful model, well done my friend

As the others have all said, Well done on the build, you deserve the time for a beer or two, but not to long we need to see the next build start.

Hello, I’m signing off this log now with some pics of Ajax. This kit was a bit of an enigma, it has ended up a really nice model that I’m delighted with and it’s a keeper. Most kits on the market are better equipped, more accurate and finely detailed, using modern production methods, photo etch and quality fittings etc. but sometimes they look too perfect and manufactured rather than an old school quality hand made model like Ajax, I think this is were Euromodel finds its market niche, but they do need to up their game quite a bit. As you’ve followed me you’ll have understood some of my frustration with this kit, mostly due to poor quality and ill fitting parts that have no place in a kit of this price. It has been said that on Euromodel kits it’s more down to the builders skill ( and spares stash ) to end up with a good result rather than with the quality of the kit, I would definitely agree with that, but their choice of models is different from the mainstream and I welcome that, yes I would build another of their models but I wouldn’t buy one at their current price, Ebay maybe.

I thank you all for your encouraging comments and likes, as you’re probably aware this really does motivate knowing that members are actually looking at what you put out there and you’re not wasting your time. Also a thanks to the moderators who make this forum work.

I’ll mention some of you, I apologise if I miss anyone.

Dean62, Shota ,Peter Voogt, JeffT, Dockattner, Norway, Grant Tyler, Jimsky, Ewe, Kurt, Piratepete, RichardT, Bryian, Pathfinder, Salty, Craig, Enzo, TonyH, Pter, Jack, Wojtass.

See you all on HMS Blandford soon.

Enjoy the pics, Ken

184.jpg

185.jpg

187.jpg

188.jpg

189.jpg

190.jpg

191.jpg

Last edited:
Great photographs of a very well made kit Ken I've seen what you have had to put up with, but you stuck with it and improved a poor kit beyond what most could have ever expected. Great work and I will be first in the queue for your Blandford.

All the best JJ..

My Congratulations for this fine model - Great result

Back