HIGH HOPES, WILD MEN AND THE DEVIL’S JAW - Willem Barentsz Kolderstok 1:50

Hi Heinrich Just spent a few hours catching up on your mighty saga, it must give you a warm glow to know how well thought of you are and the interest shown towards your next project. I fall in four-square with the rest and agree with your choice. By coincidence I bought, and put away for later, VM's HMS Sphinx, class name for the twenty gun frigate type that Pandora was developed from. I had done this before Pandora was released and may well have been swayed towards her had I known. I wish you great enjoyment in you build I of course will be an avid spectator.

All the best JJ..
Dear Jack. I am constantly humbled by the response of my friends here on SOS. I have looked very closely at the Vanguard Sphinx as I hold Chris Watton's expertise in developing models with great accuracy in high esteem, but, unfortunately, the pricing is too steep for me. Secondly, ever since they have brought Blandford to market, I wanted to build a Modelship Dockyard kit for a few reasons: First, their models are either based on NMM or Ancre plans and are fully licensed (there can be no talk of copyright issues here). Secondly, I think they have brought a good array of models to the table with a good mix of British and French subjects. Lastly, they are a WeChat message away in case I need help or need to ask a question.

I must tell you though, that their model of the 1806 Le Cygne (or more accurately Cygne) gave the Pandora a real run for her money. I'm still not sure I chose the right one! ROTF

Modelship Dockyard have an excellent support service and a company that may well go places, I will I am sure delve into their catalogue again in the future. JJ..

The Hms Pandora from @Modelship Dockyard as a developed kit has norhing to do with the aHms Spinx kit,a completely different design based on NMM plans and Anatomy of the ship book used as refference
We are well aware of that Zoly. Jack was referring to the real Pandora where the Prucupine Class (to which Pandora belonged) was developed from the 20-gun frigate Sphinx class. Hence, Jack went for the Vanguard Models Sphinx. I merely commented that Chris Watton develops very accurate and high-quality models.

Of course, the Modelship Dockyard Pandora as a kit has nothing to do with the Vanguard Models' Sphinx.

We are well aware of that Zoly. Jack was referring to the real Pandora where the Prucupine Class (to which Pandora belonged) was developed from the 20-gun frigate Sphinx class. Hence, Jack went for the Vanguard Models Sphinx. I merely commented that Chris Watton develops very accurate and high-quality models.

Of course, the Modelship Dockyard Pandora as a kit has nothing to do with the Vanguard Models' Sphinx.
I must have misunderstood something lol

The Hms Pandora from @Modelship Dockyard as a developed kit has norhing to do with the aHms Spinx kit,a completely different design based on NMM plans and Anatomy of the ship book used as refference
Hi Zoly, You miss the point It is not the kit but the actual ship that was developed from the SPHINX class of twenty gun ship. But I also have to say that from what I have seen from the MD kit there a a fair few differences to the drawings in the AoS book. Cheers JJ..

Dear Jack. I am constantly humbled by the response of my friends here on SOS. I have looked very closely at the Vanguard Sphinx as I hold Chris Watton's expertise in developing models with great accuracy in high esteem, but, unfortunately, the pricing is too steep for me. Secondly, ever since they have brought Blandford to market, I wanted to build a Modelship Dockyard kit for a few reasons: First, their models are either based on NMM or Ancre plans and are fully licensed (there can be no talk of copyright issues here). Secondly, I think they have brought a good array of models to the table with a good mix of British and French subjects. Lastly, they are a WeChat message away in case I need help or need to ask a question.

I must tell you though, that their model of the 1806 Le Cygne (or more accurately Cygne) gave the Pandora a real run for her money. I'm still not sure I chose the right one! ROTF
We fully respect copyright. The English ships are designed based on the original scans of the drawings from NMM. For French (i.e. Ancre) ship, we are currently discussing with them to find the best way of getting it work, so we are currently not selling any of the French kits although we have posted a few threads of the pilot build.

We fully respect copyright. The English ships are designed based on the original scans of the drawings from NMM. For French (i.e. Ancre) ship, we are currently discussing with them to find the best way of getting it work, so we are currently not selling any of the French kits although we have posted a few threads of the pilot build.
And this is why I respect your company and why I have bought your product. Everything is done the right way! Keep it up! Thumbsup

Hi Zoly, You miss the point It is not the kit but the actual ship that was developed from the SPHINX class of twenty gun ship. But I also have to say that from what I have seen from the MD kit there a a fair few differences to the drawings in the AoS book. Cheers JJ..
Yeah ,I realized that lol,after reading your post again

In fact, Sphinx and Pandora were designed by the same designer, John Williams, a very famous designer, so the two seem to have many similarities
Hi Wuxi - British and/or French ships are totally foreign to me so I will have lots to learn. The one thing that I do prefer about them is that their building records and plan sets are much better recorded and preserved than those of the Dutch.

Dear Friends

And with that I come to the end of my little holiday - from tomorrow it's back to the grindstone! Pandora was shipped today so I will keep you updated as to her arrival (it shouldn't be a long wait) and I will try my utmost to squeeze in the time to start on her.

It was absolutely great touching sides with all of you again and to witness the beautiful builds that are currently on the go. Carry on doing what you are all doing so well, and until next time, Cheers!

Back