Drakar "OSEBERG" from Pavel Nikitin 1:25 [COMPLETED BUILD]

The strips of the drakkar coating are almost an inch short. How do you do that? Did it happen to you too?
See my log at this building and read about the problems I faced and you will understand the whole story.

See my log at this building and read about the problems I faced and you will understand the whole story.
Hello, thanks for the feedback, I read everything very carefully but you only referred to the width of the strips (so much so that you have other ones to replace them) but never to their length and that's why I asked you. Maybe tell me which post I need to read specifically about this length issue

Hello, thanks for the feedback, I read everything very carefully but you only referred to the width of the strips (so much so that you have other ones to replace them) but never to their length and that's why I asked you. Maybe tell me which post I need to read specifically about this length issue
Hi, no, length was never an issue. It fits well all the way.

Hi, is it possible to see a photo of the bow or stern detail both from the outside and from the inside? I still have space internally between the frame n. 8 and the planking strips

Hi, is it possible to see a photo of the bow or stern detail both from the outside and from the inside? I still have space internally between the frame n. 8 and the planking strips
There is mention of that in the thread. I had the same problem. Had to add wood to frame 8.

Might I ask what ratio did you mix the linseed oil and umber pigment?
Thank you for anymore information you can give me.
Mike

Might I ask what ratio did you mix the linseed oil and umber pigment?
Thank you for anymore information you can give me.
Mike
I don't have any exact measurements to give. Mix a little and test paint on a piece of wood. It should not cover completely, you should be able to see the wood structure through the paint. It is better if it is too thin, then you can paint once more. Or one more time if you are not satisfied. It is important to let it dry properly between paintings. On my boat I painted twice.

I don't have any exact measurements to give. Mix a little and test paint on a piece of wood. It should not cover completely, you should be able to see the wood structure through the paint. It is better if it is too thin, then you can paint once more. Or one more time if you are not satisfied. It is important to let it dry properly between paintings. On my boat I painted twice.
One more thing, mix with one part linseed oil and one part turpentine. Otherwise it takes forever to dry.

Ahoy Ornholt, thank you for posting these photos of your build of the Oseberg Viking ship,very helpful.
Presently I am figuring out a work around regarding the short cut planks,and I watched Olah’s
utube solution ,that is cutting out correct length planks from Beech wood. The “ Jim Saw” is not available at this time, so I am working on another solution. How did you resolve this issue?
Best regards, Bill

Hello! I think Viking ships are very beautiful creations. Delicate and graceful creations. So it was fun building this ship. Unfortunately this ship is not easy to build and not something I would recommend for a beginner. The difficulty lies in fitting the planks in the right position in a neat way. In this kit, the fit wasn't the best either. The problem you are talking about I solved by simply extending the planks to the correct length. I shifted the position of the joints so they didn't end up in the same place. Good luck with the build

Hello! I think Viking ships are very beautiful creations. Delicate and graceful creations. So it was fun building this ship. Unfortunately this ship is not easy to build and not something I would recommend for a beginner. The difficulty lies in fitting the planks in the right position in a neat way. In this kit, the fit wasn't the best either. The problem you are talking about I solved by simply extending the planks to the correct length. I shifted the position of the joints so they didn't end up in the same place. Good luck with the build
Dear Ornholt
you have done wonderful work, the Drakar "OSEBERG" looks great

Back