Drakar "OSEBERG" from Pavel Nikitin 1:25 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Glad received them. Mine are lost in transit. Is F10-6 the only sheet incorrectly sized.?

OK MINE HAS ARRIEVED WILL START A LOG THIS WEEK, AND I WILL BE FOLLOWING THIS BUILD FOR GUIDANCE, I WILL NOT DUE A BOX REVIEW AS NTHIS ONE IS GREAT I COULD NOT BDUE BETTER AND PROBALLY A LOT WORSE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
Don't worry, you will definitely do the best you can, and don't have a negative attitude towards your work.
I keep definitely following your model building.
Regards

In the early 1950s, Mr. Ejnar (Ed) Billing, a former RAF pilot during World War II, worked
as an architect in the city of Esbjerg in Denmark. His wife ran a
hobby shop called Vestjydsk Hobby and Mr. Billing proudly displayed his
Construction model of a Danish fishing boat. At that time there were no real ship model kits
, with which a boat could be made. One day a Danish magazine saw this
beautiful model in the showcase of the hobby shop and they were very interested in buying
50 "builds" of this fishing boat for a competition next summer.
Billing was very interested in the idea, but it was a huge undertaking.
making 50 models, so he came up with the idea of making the model as a kit, in exactly the same way you would build a real ship. It was then that Mr. Billing invented the "plank on frame" concept, which is now used by all model ship manufacturers throughout the world.

Icono de Validado por la comunidad

Abrir en el Traductor

One tip is to make overlapping of the planks as sparing as possible from the start. There are small margins to manage this. The new planks are wider than the first ones but I wish there had been more margins to do a neat job. Another thing is that if I were to do this work from the beginning again, I would not do the beverling on the frame in advance, but do it gradually in place. It was difficult to get the beverling to match the way the planks fit on the frame. I had to put new wood on frame number 8 to get a good flow on the planks.20230325_085759.jpg

One tip is to make overlapping of the planks as sparing as possible from the start. There are small margins to manage this. The new planks are wider than the first ones but I wish there had been more margins to do a neat job. Another thing is that if I were to do this work from the beginning again, I would not do the beverling on the frame in advance, but do it gradually in place. It was difficult to get the beverling to match the way the planks fit on the frame. I had to put new wood on frame number 8 to get a good flow on the planks.View attachment 364924
Thank you for your input on the planking process. That will definitely help when I start.

Back