Drakar "OSEBERG" from Pavel Nikitin 1:25 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Suspect a serious error on the kit. Hope someone can tell me I'm wrong. The width of the planks does not match the drawing, which means that after 9 planks a bit will be missing. 12.20 - 10.85 = 1.35 mm is missed in the middle section on each plank. It is too much to compensate by reducing the overlap to a minimum. Don't know how to handle this. Have written an email to Pavel but haven't received a reply, but his country is at war so maybe there are other things he prioritizes now. And of course it is nothing to say anything about. Looks like I'll have to pause building this kit until Pavel can provide an answer.

20230105_095828.jpg20230105_100001.jpg

A bit will be missing after 9 planks.
20230105_100336.jpg

Just curious if the drawings that you are looking at are 1:1 scale or just a generalization of how the planking should look

Good afternoon to all forum members.
Sorry for my long silence, unfortunately I have not been able to access the internet regularly for almost a month due to the war in our country. I have checked the dimensions of boards for Oseberg kit, the problem with the width of each board in the previous version of the kit has not occurred, but if it was encountered by one of the buyers it is quite possible that this problem will be encountered by someone else. Therefore Denis and I decided to send all buyers of the set new boards with increased width of each board. Given that all the boards overlap, it is better to have a margin in this overlap. In all kits which are in our warehouse we have also made changes so this problem will not appear with new customers. All of you who bought Oseberg kits earlier will have the plates replaced within a month.

I am assembling the jig and have a problem with assembled parts 5 and 6 lining up with the holes in parts 4 and 3. I could modify the parts to fit but don’t want to make a mistake. Did you have this problem?

75BC3FCF-7372-40FB-9F20-9EF41D9FBF74.jpeg

Good that the problem got a solution. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the new planking.
Good morning. I have enjoyed your build process so far and,while I have not built a Pavel kit, I am a huge fan of their construction process. Looking forward to you receiving your new planks and continuing. Cheers Grant

Good morning. I have enjoyed your build process so far and,while I have not built a Pavel kit, I am a huge fan of their construction process. Looking forward to you receiving your new planks and continuing. Cheers Grant
Hello, you are welcome to follow the construction. I think it will be fun to build a Viking ship.

You did an excellent job on the oar handles. I just started mine. Would appreciate it if you could explain the process you used. Thank you
Hello ! No big deal. Holds against a disc sander and slowly spins the oar between the fingers. But you have to be light-handed, otherwise there will be nothing left of the oar. It can be good to use a well-used sandpaper

Hello ! No big deal. Holds against a disc sander and slowly spins the oar between the fingers. But you have to be light-handed, otherwise there will be nothing left of the oar. It can be good to use a well-used sandpaper
Thank you very much

It looks like there is a miss on the jig. There is not enough space for the bow and stern. I solved it by taking out a cut in the jig. Then there was no problem.View attachment 348759
Hi, I'm also building the drakkar and I won't hide from you that I'm having some difficulties because the manual doesn't quite explain how to proceed in assembling the various parts. I wanted to ask, do the rounded ends of the keel need to be tapered before applying the decorative mask? Could you post some pictures where you can see everything? I would also be interested in seeing how the central frame should be machined and assembled. Thank you

Back