photo 586774

photo 586776

photo 586777

photo 586778

photo 586779

photo 586780

photo 586781

Peter,

WOW! What a breathtaking result! You can see how you have invested in each and every detail and how you have refused to compromise on any aspect of your ship. My personal highlights for your build gravitate toward the carvings and the rigging - but every part is simply fantastic. I know you will display her with a deep sense of accomplishment. Give her the place of pride in your home!

I know what it's like to pour your heart into a project and then there is this rather anti-climactic feeling at the end: that's it? that's all there is? Perhaps you feel the same way right now? My remedy was to embark on something new or different. To that end I am looking forward to your next project and will watch over your shoulder as I have for this one wondering: how did he do that, and can I do the same?

Thanks for the inspiration my friend!

Good evening Peter from a tent in Baviaanskloof. I am super happy I got some cell phone connection this evening to be able to view these photos of your exquisite Xebec. My friend this is a model to be proudly displayed to all. It is more of a scratch build than a kit and your detail and wood work (not to mention the carvings) is wonderfully projected in these photos. Masterful work. As for the rigging……well it is brilliant! Your photos made my day Peter….it’s been a tough one after I sank my bike in a river crossing….I can’t wait to see these on my computer when I get home. Congratulations and I look forward to your next ship building adventure.
Cheers Grant

Peter,

WOW! What a breathtaking result! You can see how you have invested in each and every detail and how you have refused to compromise on any aspect of your ship. My personal highlights for your build gravitate toward the carvings and the rigging - but every part is simply fantastic. I know you will display her with a deep sense of accomplishment. Give her the place of pride in your home!

I know what it's like to pour your heart into a project and then there is this rather anti-climactic feeling at the end: that's it? that's all there is? Perhaps you feel the same way right now? My remedy was to embark on something new or different. To that end I am looking forward to your next project and will watch over your shoulder as I have for this one wondering: how did he do that, and can I do the same?

Thanks for the inspiration my friend!
Thank you Doc! You know that rigging isn't my speciality and I know nothing of it and try to make something out of nothing so to say... I'm glad you like it tho, including the carvings.
It's hard to describe the feeling, but perhaps I feel a bit like Frodo when he thrown the ring into the fire of mount doom, wake up after the event, went home and wrote the complete story in a book and at the end he said, quote "It's done! I've finished it" And what's left to do after such adventure....You simply have to find a new meaning or purpose.... Something like that....
I've choosen another adventure. Something that again will challenge my abilities and hopefully I can manage. I will open a new buildlog soon and I will be honored if you join me on my next endeavour just as before! :)

Thanks for your support and friendship Paul! I really appreciate it! Thumbs-Up

Beautiful photos of a neatly highlighted model, Peter. Plenty of detail to capture. Then it becomes difficult to choose.
Regards, Peter
Hi Peter. I have so many details that's almost impossible to catch these in a picture. At least I tried!
Thank you for all the nice comments and support and see you soon my friend!

Good evening Peter from a tent in Baviaanskloof. I am super happy I got some cell phone connection this evening to be able to view these photos of your exquisite Xebec. My friend this is a model to be proudly displayed to all. It is more of a scratch build than a kit and your detail and wood work (not to mention the carvings) is wonderfully projected in these photos. Masterful work. As for the rigging……well it is brilliant! Your photos made my day Peter….it’s been a tough one after I sank my bike in a river crossing….I can’t wait to see these on my computer when I get home. Congratulations and I look forward to your next ship building adventure.
Cheers Grant
Ah Grant. Being on the road with your bike in such a "grant" landscape must be special. I hope you are allright and can fix your bike?
I'm gratefull for your support and I'm looking forward on you progress of your Xebec and maybe you will like my next project as well.....

Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter. Paul has described the result of your build much better than I could have done, I agree with everything he said and l can only add my congratulations on your achievement. Ken

Much appreciated Ken! Thank you for visiting and replying! Thumbsup:)

Peter

What shall I add in addition - Paul mentioned and described everything correctly.

You were able to make a mendium class quality kit from Occre a first calls batched model - for me the rigging works are great work

Bravo and my congratulations for this model

Hope to see you soon with a new project

Back