Brig Le FAVORI 1806 M1:55

I have a novice question for you, how did you color the hull planking black without painting, did you use stain or a specific wood? I want to do something besides painting mine because I want to have nail marks showing through. I heard you can use regular hair dye or should I use professional wood dye. Your opinion please.
Greetings dear Jamhacv71.
Tools can be acquired, each craftsman has his own minimum, but the amount of free time for our work is crucial.

I have a novice question for you, how did you color the hull planking black without painting, did you use stain or a specific wood? I want to do something besides painting mine because I want to have nail marks showing through. I heard you can use regular hair dye or should I use professional wood dye. Your opinion please.
Unfortunately, I can’t tell you anything about painting, since this is not the strongest side of my skills, so I don’t use paint, I try to get by with colored wood. The black and yellow color of the sheathing is made of chemically dyed hornbeam. Brass, if necessary, is also blackened using special solutions

I like the double hull planking method, similar to ship kits, which makes thing significantly better. Question is how did you take in account the thickness difference. When you cut out the hull plates did you take in account this thickness change or not important in the grand scheme of things?
When marking the hull and frames, it is imperative to take into account the thickness of the hull panelling of the ship, so that the finishing hull panelling would correspond to the contours of the ship, if this is not done, this would entail a lot of inconsistencies that will no longer be possible to eliminate. I wish you inspiration in the construction, if you have any questions, please contact me, I will be happy to help. My best regards.

Unfortunately, I can’t tell you anything about painting, since this is not the strongest side of my skills, so I don’t use paint, I try to get by with colored wood. The black and yellow color of the sheathing is made of chemically dyed hornbeam. Brass, if necessary, is also blackened using special solutions
Actually I tired some black wood dye stain from home depot actually and it works out great. For future builds I will look into purchasing black dyed wood just to skit this step all together. You are right about the tools, I purchased my table saw and scroll/band saw this year. Like I said this is my first attempt at fully customized build. All my previous were kit starts with customized items. Last year I started making all my own ropes which made a huge difference. Time is also another factor, I do have to cut some corners due to time. I am only 41, wife and kids, medical field, ie-no time.
Kortes thanks for the information and support.

Actually I tired some black wood dye stain from home depot actually and it works out great. For future builds I will look into purchasing black dyed wood just to skit this step all together. You are right about the tools, I purchased my table saw and scroll/band saw this year. Like I said this is my first attempt at fully customized build. All my previous were kit starts with customized items. Last year I started making all my own ropes which made a huge difference. Time is also another factor, I do have to cut some corners due to time. I am only 41, wife and kids, medical field, ie-no time.
Kortes thanks for the information and support.
When i started making models, i was about your age. And what is interesting, my first work was also the modeling of Royal Caroline of the Mantua kit.

IMG_0079ф1.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0014ф.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

в сборе (1)ф.jpg

Нок фок-рея 6ф.jpg

кран - балка 2ф.jpg

кран - балка 3ф.jpg

_DSC0303ф1.jpg

When i started making models, i was about your age. And what is interesting, my first work was also the modeling of Royal Caroline of the Mantua kit.

View attachment 391199

View attachment 391200

View attachment 391201

View attachment 391202

View attachment 391203

View attachment 391204

View attachment 391205

View attachment 391206

View attachment 391207
Your beautiful start in Royal Caroline was a sign of things to come as we are witnessing in the current model, well done mate

Greetings , my dear Colleagues. I've decided to show my work on brig. I have been thinking on building this shipper quite some time.
I've found it on the web site ...... and wanted to have one. This is a sistership Le Cynge. I'm building it using the blueprints of the last one because they are practically twins. The scale is М 1: 55 , I've chosen this scale so the ship would fit in the apartment. Although I'm not completely sure that I would be able to build such a small one. I'm planning on using pear tree and painted hornbeam. I will use the excellent works of others Masters.
Hallo @Kortes
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Дружище, с днем рождения тебя! Будь всегда на позитиве. Радуйся каждый день, наслаждайся мелочами, стремись к своим мечтам и всегда дари добро. Пусть у тебя будет порядок в делах и лад в личной жизни. Достатка, независимости и крепкого здоровья!

1695480067958.png

TO THE MEMBER WHO ASKED THE QUESTION ABOUT THE BLACK FINISH, OTHER THEN PAINT WITCH I CAN NOT DUE NEVER COULD. TRY SOMETHING CALLED RUB AND BUFF GET THE EBONY IT REALLY WORKS GREAT IT HAS A GREAT FINISH ALL YOU DO IS APPLY IT WAIT 10 OR SO MINUTES AND BUFF IT OUT. WHAT MAKES THIS DIFFERENT IT IS A WAX PRODUCT. CHECK IT OUT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Back