Brig Le FAVORI 1806 M1:55

@Juan María Riera
The reason for my message was only to express my admiration for the level of work of Kortes. With his level of craftsmanship he has no need for cnc equipment.

IMHO that is a compliment and that is in line with MY approach to this hobby; if you have the manual craftsmanship to reach acceptable (for yourself, and that too is for every individual different) levels of refinement, then do it manual. The level of work of Kortes is more than acceptable.

With that said I want to add that I certainly do not look down on the ones that use CNC equipment in this hobby. Just an other approach to this hobby requiring other skills.
On the other hand if you have to produce large numbers of identical carvings CNC could save much time (if you already have the skill of programming). But saving time is not high on my priority list for this hobby.

Not having reached the stage in my build of producing carvings myself I do not yet know if I have it in me to make fine carvings. Otherwise I might have to learn the art of cnc-programming too.

Looking very good - very accurate work
One question: I never understood looking at such helm table - I this closed status the helm / tiller was not possible to move, because of the limitation of the front oval opening, which is too small.

Is it in this configuration only at anchor and during sailing this red marked part would have been removed? Maybe you know this detail more how it was working?
IMG_0638.JPG

The contemporary model photographed by ancre in the monograph is showing the same
monographie-du-cygne-brick-1806 (17).jpg

Back