Brig Le FAVORI 1806 M1:55

@Kortes
Hello,
I see that you are preparing the boat building optimally. This will be another highlight, I'm sure of it.Thanks for showing the steps, I can learn a lot from it and have good experiences.
I would also like to wish you a wonderful and peaceful Christmas and happy holidays.

Dear Johann I think you won’t find anything new for yourself, on the contrary, I studied your report on the construction of the longboat and learned a lot. I also looked at the works of Mikhail Bezverhiy, Aleksei Baranov and other outstanding masters. I’ll try, but I’m not sure that it will work out on the first try on "La Jacinthe" I made three options. :))

The first option will probably goes in the trash tomorrow. The form seems to be sheathed well, but it’s impossible to remove the shell. :confused:Something hasn’t been done fully probably. Apparently I will have to remake the form, and make it from three parts that can be disassembled.
Or to figure something else out

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

Last edited:
The planking is looking very accurate - I am crossing the fingers, that you get the form out of the boats-hull

Dear Uwek unfortunately, just as I expected, it was not possible to remove the body from the pattern. I made a technological mistake and here is the result. I will have to try again. Meanwhile I am tuning the FET
Proxxon circular saw, a gift for the New Year. Some components are very crude and require some changes. My best regards

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

Back