MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates, Work dose continue on our YQ-Bluenose. The little fellows have rebuilt the Fisherman's Stay sail and installed it. We have also installed the inter Job Sail and tided up a lot of the loose ends and installed a few more rope coils.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 426119

View attachment 426120

View attachment 426121

View attachment 426122
Good afternoon Lawrence. She looks really great. I think the way you have done your sails has made this a fine looking BN. Cheers Grant

Hello Ship Mates, I wish to thank you all over the last couple of years for all of your help and support you have so freely given me on my YQ-Bluenose build. Today the little fellows and I have completed and tided up our YQ-Bluenose. We have completed and installed the upper forward jib, attached the bow Bluenose name plated, gave the decks it's second coat of Tung Oil, added a few more rope coils here and there. Added the Red Ensign along with the Nova Scotia flag. Touched the paint and marks, trimmed up all of those louse rope ends.
And last but not the least we do thank Bernadette for all of her help in making our YQ-Bluenose that is so very special to us and also very rewarding .
Regards Bernadette and Lawrence

PS- A few pictures to close off wonderful YQ-Bluenose, Thank you Henrich for making this all possible.

Picture DSCN0138 Is a replica of the Peggy's Cove Lighthouse a must see that was given to Bernadette by her sister on one of our many trips to Nov Scotia, I thought it was fitting to add it to my YQ-Bluenose build log. Its 6 1/2" high or 165.30 mm high

DSCN0124 - Copy.JPG

DSCN0127.JPG

DSCN0126.JPG

DSCN0135.JPG

DSCN0134.JPG

DSCN0133.JPG

DSCN0132.JPG

DSCN0130.JPG

DSCN0129.JPG

DSCN0128.JPG

DSCN0138.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, I wish to thank you all over the last couple of years for all of your help and support you have so freely given me on my YQ-Bluenose build. Today the little fellows and I have completed and tided up our YQ-Bluenose. We have completed and installed the upper forward jib, attached the bow Bluenose name plated, gave the decks it's second coat of Tung Oil, added a few more rope coils here and there. Added the Red Ensign along with the Nova Scotia flag. Touched the paint and marks, trimmed up all of those louse rope ends.
And last but not the least we do thank Bernadette for all of her help in making our YQ-Bluenose that is so very special to us and also very rewarding .

PS- A few pictures to close off wonderful YQ-Bluenose, Thank you Henrich for making this all possible.

Picture DSCN0138 Is a replica of the Peggy's Cove Lighthouse a must see that was given to Bernadette by her sister on one of our many trips to Nov Scotia, I thought it was fitting to add it to my YQ-Bluenose build log. Its 6 1/2" high or 165.30 mm high

View attachment 427514

View attachment 427515

View attachment 427516

View attachment 427517

View attachment 427518

View attachment 427519

View attachment 427520

View attachment 427521

View attachment 427522

View attachment 427523

View attachment 427524
Congratulations with your completed Bluenose, Lawrence. Your fully rigged and illuminated version is unique. And a “Chapeaux” for Bernadette for her work on all the sails.
Regards, Peter

Congratulations with your completed Bluenose, Lawrence. Your fully rigged and illuminated version is unique. And a “Chapeaux” for Bernadette for her work on all the sails.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, Thanks , I do appreciate your very kind words very much. I will also pass your very kind compliments to Bernadette she will surely be Very Pleased.
Regards Lawrence

And another completed Bluenose earned herself a place of honor, this time in the Lawrence/Bernadette household.
The combination of a full set of sails, the lighting and the other customizations makes her a unique model. You and Bernadette can be proud of your accomplishments.

My dear Lawrence and Bernadette

You thanked me, but actually the entire Bluenose Group Build was kicked off by you ordering the first Bluenose and by kickstarting the whole project. Your support in those difficult times when I was battling the "other" forum and its associated sidekicks, was always unwavering. I know that this was not an easy build for you - not because the model was beyond your considerable abilities, but because of very trying personal circumstances. I know how close you and Bernadette are to each other and I know the impact that her accident (while you were on vacation) had on you - both from a practical and emotional point of view. And yet, despite all these challenges, you have done yourself proud by completing a beautiful ship which can hold her own in the company of all the other esteemed builds that we have had the pleasure of witnessing in this Group Build.

My friend, I salute you, Bernadette - and, of course - #1!

And another completed Bluenose earned herself a place of honor, this time in the Lawrence/Bernadette household.
The combination of a full set of sails, the lighting and the other customizations makes her a unique model. You and Bernadette can be proud of your accomplishments.
Hello Johan, I thank you for your very kind words and overly nice comments. Yes it was a bit difficult to make my YQ-Bluenose just a little different from all of the other fantastic ships ahead of me, yours included.
I believe Bernadette did a great job on her sail sewing and it seamed to put the icings on the cake so to speak. Spent the day cleaning off my work bench, I sure did collect a lot of little pieces of woot that I probably would never use, just trying to make room for my up and coming HMY Fubbs, the stern section.
Regards Lawrence

My dear Lawrence and Bernadette

You thanked me, but actually the entire Bluenose Group Build was kicked off by you ordering the first Bluenose and by kickstarting the whole project. Your support in those difficult times when I was battling the "other" forum and its associated sidekicks, was always unwavering. I know that this was not an easy build for you - not because the model was beyond your considerable abilities, but because of very trying personal circumstances. I know how close you and Bernadette are to each other and I know the impact that her accident (while you were on vacation) had on you - both from a practical and emotional point of view. And yet, despite all these challenges, you have done yourself proud by completing a beautiful ship which can hold her own in the company of all the other esteemed builds that we have had the pleasure of witnessing in this Group Build.

My friend, I salute you, Bernadette - and, of course - #1!
Hello Henrich, Your very kind words and overly nice comments overwhelmed me very much so. Your words are very touching to me and I am sure Bernadette feels exactly the same way that I do.
Our YQ-Bluenose turned out very well for us and it sure holds a lot of memories, Again I say thanks for bring us SOS form members such a great little ship at such a great price, THANKS.
Regards Lawrence

Bonjour Lawrence
Your Bluenose with all sails out is magnificent! Congratulations on this great success.
Yours sincerely, Dom
Hello Dom, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice compliments. I do like a sailing ship under full sail and Bernadette with her sewing helped me a great deal.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 427514

View attachment 427515

View attachment 427516

View attachment 427517

View attachment 427518

View attachment 427519

View attachment 427520

View attachment 427521

View attachment 427522

View attachment 427523

View attachment 427524
Good morning Lawrence. I’m late to this party and a party it should be for a beautifully completed Bluenose. Going to miss you and your little fellows so hopefully a new project is on the horizon…..or nearer to the shipyard. Cheers Grant

Good morning Lawrence. I’m late to this party and a party it should be for a beautifully completed Bluenose. Going to miss you and your little fellows so hopefully a new project is on the horizon…..or nearer to the shipyard. Cheers Grant
Hello Grant, I do thank you very much for your support and very nice comments on my YQ-Bluenose build log. It has been a pleasure to have you on board. I have started a new build log in the wood kit forms, My new build is The Stern Section of the HMY Fubbs, please do drop in, very little to show as yet but it is growing.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, My Admiral Bernadette gave me a set of Yasumai Files to add to my collection of tools that I will use for the flayer-ing of the hull frames and keel on my Bluenose. I have heard that these files do make this task much easier.

Yasumai 10 Pcs Flat Assorted Diamond Needle File Set with Cleaning Brush Storage Box for Jewelers Ceramic Gem Stone Glass Wood Carving Hobby Crafts, all for $18.98 Canadian dollars.​

Regards LawrenceView attachment 210665View attachment 210666
I'm looking for these online and can't find them. Can you point me in the right direction

Hello Kurt, I bought my file set from Amazon.ca, how ever it seams due to country trade laws things are not always the same in each country. I checked in on the USA Amazon and like you say these files were not there under the same name. However I did find what appears to be the same thing under the sellers name of Nipuika for $16.98.

NIUPIKA Diamond Needle File Set with Clean Brush Storage Box, Hand File for Metal Glass Stone Rough Carving,Sharpening Deburring Shaping Jewelry Making Tool Kit

I hope this helps
Regards Lawrence
Did these prove effective and durable

Back