MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Dearest Lawrence. Please tell Bernadette for me that those sails are looking magnificent. The ship looks awesome, and I can only agree with what everyone said about the harmonious effect of all the deck fittings. The cod is also a nice finishing touch which introduces yet another first in the superb diorama of all the other Bluenose builds. You are almost there my friend!

Dearest Lawrence. Please tell Bernadette for me that those sails are looking magnificent. The ship looks awesome, and I can only agree with what everyone said about the harmonious effect of all the deck fittings. The cod is also a nice finishing touch which introduces yet another first in the superb diorama of all the other Bluenose builds. You are almost there my friend!
Hello Henrich, Welcome back, Also thank you very much for your very kind words and overly nice comments. Bernadette is very pleased that you recognized her handy work. She still has two more to sew up and her task is complete. She sewed up the Fisherman's Stay sail yesterday that I am now working on.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Well the Hassell and Bussell of the Christmas season well behind us now the little fellows and I have found o bit of time to work in the Old Ship Yard. We have installed all of the sails and trimmed them out except for the Fisherman's Stay Sail and the two forward Jibs . We also have installed all of these lines with rope coils and also tied up all of the louse ends around the deck's. My Admiral Bernadette is having trouble with her new sewing machine and I am afraid that we will have to take it to the repair shop, so this will slow things down a bit.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 423726

View attachment 423727

View attachment 423728

View attachment 423729

View attachment 423730
Good afternoon Lawrence- Bravo!

Good afternoon Lawrence- Bravo!
Hello Grant, Sorry for the slow come back. Had to take Bernadette's sewing machine to the repair shop yesterday and now it is working great. I made a boo-boo on the fasting forward points on the fisherman's stay sail and had to redo it. Luckily my Admiral just smiled and sewed me up another. I have been working on the inter jib and will soon have it ready to install.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Work dose continue on our YQ-Bluenose. The little fellows have rebuilt the Fisherman's Stay sail and installed it. We have also installed the inter Job Sail and tided up a lot of the loose ends and installed a few more rope coils.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 426119

View attachment 426120

View attachment 426121

View attachment 426122
It’s impressive, Lawrence.
Great that you have the set the booms and gaffs to the port outside. It gives her a dynamic view.
Regards, Peter

Very nice Lawrence! I like the way you're showing the sails catching the wind.
Hello Daniel, I thank you for your kind words and nice comments. There are so very many very fine YQ-Bluenose's out there ahead of mine I just wanted to make mine just a we bit different.
Regards Lawrence

Those sails turn this model into something else entirely. Hats off for both you and Bernadette.
Now, with the wind in her sails, she should also be listing a little bit....
Hello Johan, Yes I for one have always liked a sailing ship under full sail and Bluenose is no different. I pasted your kind words along to Bernadette and she is very pleased. As for the little list, this is something that I over looked when mounting the ship, but then again I do agree.
Regards Lawrence

It’s impressive, Lawrence.
Great that you have the set the booms and gaffs to the port outside. It gives her a dynamic view.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I thank you for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes I just wanted her to appear just a little bit different than all of the other very fine YQ-Bluenose's out there, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

The Bluenose is so beautiful under full sail ...... very good model my friend
Hello Uwe, I thank you very much for your visit to my YQ-Bluenose build log, Also for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes the Bluenose is a very fine little fishing schooner. I have seen the Bluenose 11 several times under full sail and she looked magnificent to say the least.
Regards Lawrence

Back