Le Rochefort 1:36 build by Tony P

Thanks , Oh yes they’re shortened by now. Frame 30’s bottom is a little short compared to the plan. I’m going to cut it and add a longer bottom. That may work. I wasn’t clear on the bottom lengths when I cut them previously.

Hi Tony, how are things going with Le Rochefort? We would be delighted to see you back soon.
Thanks Tobias. I stop in the check progress on occasion. I haven’t touched it since March. I work in construction and although semi retired the winter is the only time when I have much time to build. Also been working on my planes which I love.
I plan to get back on Le Rochefort around the new year. I’m going to give it a concerted effort. If I burn out fast or lose interest quickly I may just call it a failed effort and move on.
I have a plane project to finish and I surf fish the beach here and from Oct to the end of Dec is prime time so I’m out there hunting the Striped Bass. I’m also a amateur radio operator. Too many hobbies and not enough time for them all ! Regards to everyone.

Great to see the progress you guys are making on your models ! Still no progress for me. I'm building planes still and I really do need a 5" mini table saw to cut planks for Le Ro if I want to proceed. Semi retired and money doesn't grow on trees. Maybe I'll be able to get one this year. We shall see. Keep up the great work everyone.

I made mine from Alum … from a 1970’s model shipwright periodical. Recommend this. Then progress to what suits you and budget. Making it I forgot work and time. Wife went to bed and note on table with photo of her! “Remember Me?”, dinner in oven.

Back