Alpha Romeo 8C 2300 Monza - Italeri [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thank you all for the suggestions. Yes, after all the parts have been fitted, it will be time to paint and detail the frame. In the meantime, I am still waiting for my Paint to arrive from Poland. Right now, it seems to be held up at the ICS New York customs office.

Now, I am working on the rear end.

My plan is to paint the Frame first with a dark gray and even some black (all flat). Then I will go over it lightly with the dark red. I might use emery cloth to rub over the frame to expose the frame's bolt patterns. We'll see how that turns out. Yep, the red and gray plastic is less to be desired. I do not want to go overboard with any weathering, but just a hint of usage.frame20.jpgframe21.jpgframe22.jpg

This is a beautiful model you are building Donnie and you are doing a fine job! I will certainly tag along!

Thank you all for the suggestions. Yes, after all the parts have been fitted, it will be time to paint and detail the frame. In the meantime, I am still waiting for my Paint to arrive from Poland. Right now, it seems to be held up at the ICS New York customs office.

Now, I am working on the rear end.

My plan is to paint the Frame first with a dark gray and even some black (all flat). Then I will go over it lightly with the dark red. I might use emery cloth to rub over the frame to expose the frame's bolt patterns. We'll see how that turns out. Yep, the red and gray plastic is less to be desired. I do not want to go overboard with any weathering, but just a hint of usage.View attachment 330503View attachment 330504View attachment 330505
Dear Donnie
I love your new project as it takes you as a creative builder into new Yamira areas and so does us. I really enjoy your beautiful work. :) Okay Thumbs-Up

Thank you shota, Heinrich, Doc, and others. That means a lot. It has been many years since I tackled plastic.

So, more to show on the rear end. I am only showing one "shackle bracket" - ha - making up my own part names :rolleyes:

The Leaf Spring will go through that square opening of the Shackle Bracket. (that part has to be removed first)

frame23.jpgframe24.jpgframe25.jpg

And more Rear End showing final assembly before attaching to Frame - I am still waiting on my paint from Poland - It has made its way to ICS NY Customs. So, now I wait for them to process it. The entire frame (according to some research I have done) will be all dark Red. But, I plan to do some other things like painting Frame Black and Gray, and then follow with Red. This can give a mixture of a little aging but not too much.

frame27.jpg

frame28.jpg

frame29.jpg

frame30.jpg

frame31.jpg

frame32.jpg

frame33.jpg

So, I do not have a name for this huge red disk. They are almost like some type of face-to-face disk break of some kind. At some point, all of this is going to have to be disassembled to paint. The squares used as the big disk are kind of wobbly.

frame34.jpg

Thank you Uwe for the videos and info - much appreciated !! Thanks to the rest for watching.

The latest - I will let the pics speak for themselves - really nothing much to say. I think my paint is on the way now as it has moved a little through customs.

frame35.jpg

frame36.jpg

frame37.jpg

frame38.jpg

frame39.jpg

frame40.jpg

Looks like you're off to a good start! It'll be fun to watch your progress.

The Romeo project is now on hold as my paint from www.supper-hobby.com (Poland) is not here yet. It left Poland to the USA in a matter of just less than a week. But now for the past 3 weeks, it has been hung up in USA customs.
I guess I will have to cross reference the Italeri paint numbers to Testors. I was really wanting to have the original suggested paint, and I do not wish to wait anymore. Very discouraging. I think there is an email that I can write to the USA USPS customs office, but that is no guarantee that I will get a response. Arrrggg !!!!
WIth the product being a liquid and the customs do say that depending on the product, it could take longer than necessary. That means that, yes, they can open your package, inspect it - open bottles, and then repackage it. So, there is no telling where it is among the thousands of small packages.

Don, you can also check with Tamiya, they have lots of color choices in both brush on (or air brush) and spray cans. The acrylic is nice since it's water base so easy clean-ups, espacialy for the air brush. And for those chrome effect, the Alclad II is a very fun product to work with.
Acrylic paint
20221013_111801.jpg

chrome paint
from left to right
Color, primer (essential for chrome effect) and sealer20221013_111719.jpg

It seems that my Italeri Paint from Italy (via Poland) got lost or hung up in USPS - so I went ahead and bought some Testors "Red". The color is actually what I am satisfied with.

Now, I have NO experience with an Airbrush. So, also the "roughness" of the paint is mostly due to the fact that I am trying to "Black Wash" the frame to make it look aged and used. There is some extra wash that I can remove via some water and Q-Tip - I am letting it dry for now. The wash is just plain acrylic water base Black mixed with a lot of water.

So, with that being said, I guess you can say that I am "practicing" on the frame since it will not be seen much.

frame41.jpg

frame42.jpg

frame43.jpg

Last edited:
It seems that my Italeri Paint from Italy (via Poland) got lost or hung up in USPS - so I went ahead and bought some Testors "Red". The color is actually what I am satisfied with.

Now, I have NO experience with an Airbrush. So, also the "roughness" of the paint is mostly due to the fact that I am trying to "Black Wash" the frame to make it look aged and used. There is some extra wash that I can remove via some water and Q-Tip - I am letting it dry for now. The wash is just plain acrylic water base Black mixed with a lot of water.

So, with that being said, I guess you can say that I am "practicing" on the frame since it will not be seen much.

View attachment 340401

View attachment 340402

View attachment 340403
That looks ……. Great, Donnie. There is some hidden painting talent in you.
Regards, Peter

Back