ZHL Royal Caroline Kit, scale 1/30

Your very welcome Zoly,

best regards John.

PS I have two new kits coming, and a little bit of machinery as well, it was our 49th anniversary and my beautiful wife has spoiled me,

Hi John. Are you going to tell us what the new kits are, or just keep us in suspense?!

thank you John for re posting images. I know it was a lot of work to do. I hope and promise to get things back to normal as they say by hook or crook.

Donnie

No worries Donnie, you have enough to deal with without having to re post my images, but thank you anyway, I will re post the other logs as I go, and thankyou for all the work you have done to make things run smoothly again,

best regards John.

And a Big thank you to Geoff for sorting some of my errors out for me, you are all a great team,

best regards John.

John

As part of team SOS it is my pleasure to help any member that I can

Cheers
Geoff

G'day John and your lovely wife.
Congratulations on your 49th wedding anniversary.
:text-bravo:
Gee you were married so young and it's great to see you both are still in love.
havagooday my friend
Greg

Greg

I missed the announcement,

Congratulations on your 49th wedding anniversary.
:text-bravo:
Gee you were married so your and it's great to see you both are still in love.
havagooday my friend
Greg

John

I spoke to a few days ago on the phone for the first time.

Love is a very special thing. Congratulations to you and the love of your life, your wife. :banana-rock: :greetings-clapyellow:

Cheers
Geoff

neptune post_id=23323 time=1507298363 user_id=4734 said:
Your very welcome Zoly,

best regards John.

PS I have two new kits coming, and a little bit of machinery as well, it was our 49th anniversary and my beautiful wife has spoiled me, :D :D :D :D .

G'day Geoff
This passing statement from john is what I'm going by!
havagooday to all
Greg

I was going to post this elsewhere, but I thought Graham would be keeping an eye out for it here, so here goes,

1.jpg
As you can see it is a cross section kit of the Bon Homme Richard, it has lots of scope for adding extra's and detailing.

2.jpg
it is approx 10 x 10 inches in width and height and approx 5 inches in length

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

]

6.jpg
This is a close up view of the railing in the kit, I opted to buy the upgrade rail of which I chose the Pear wood version, see next pic.

7.jpg
these are the upgrade rails you can choose from, they are extra but worth it

11.jpg
another view of what they look like on the mode

12.jpg
And I bought two sets of these as well, I am not sure if you get the other barrels in the kit but these are far better.

13.jpg
another view.

8.jpg

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 240
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
This next one is a model of The La belle in 1/48 scale.

The dimensions are as follows 450x88x388mm

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:
John I will watch these builds in HD front row and on a big screen :greetings-clapyellow:

Hi John,

Just joining your log which I very much like.
I am currently also building the 1/30 Royal Caroline from ZHL in the boxwood version which I bought from Max directly, although slightly lagging behind compared to your build. It is indeed an exceptional model kit and I enjoy it every moment, all the small details is what make this a beautiful model.
I am building the vessel according the drawings which come from the book of "Anatomy of the Ship" this means I made some deviations to the standard kit, and am also adding the captains cabin at the stern of the vessel. I started the build in June and am currently tree nailing the hull with about 4500 wooden nails (beech wood cocktail sticks) which will take me a few weeks.

Would be very interesting to see your vessel sailing in the future, are you also fitting RC controlled winches etc? The large scale would offer this opportunity.

If there is any interest and I don't mess up your log I can post some pictures as well.

Regards, Maarten

Hello Maarten,we would love to see you starting a build log on your Royal Caroline.

Hi Maarten

I am with you comments. On SOS we are a team supporting one another. I had the pleasure of speaking to Neptune John the other day for the first time on the phone.

That is what ship modeling is about, friendships, our hobby

Chhers
Geoff

Hi Zoltan & Geoff,

Good idea, I will start a new log on my Caroline somewhere this week.
Hope to see your there.

regs, Maarten

Back