overview Why would I use such a tool (is this a tool????) in the Proxxon MF70

Can the tool shown below be used in a mill?

• * Certainly, Jim, I know exactly what it is for

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • * I'm kinda guess, but don't know for sure

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • * I have no idea, but...would like to know

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • * I don't know, and really don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Greetings folks! That is me again, talking about Proxxon MF70 (hope you are not tired). :cool: This time, before the actual tutorial, I'd like to make a little quiz and see the responses. If you don't know, just do your best guess, the tutorial will follow shortly, in a few days...

Don't forget to vote!!! Good Luck!!!

600_3084.jpg 600_3075.jpg

I have a bunch of these in various shapes and sizes. They work very well in wood, plastics and aluminum plug them up, and I don't believe I would try running them into steel.
The one in the image is a specific ball-shaped.

Hmm. In my profession things like these are used for contouring and shaping applications.
Nice try, mon ami. Correct, in your profession you are working with soft material for shaping and contouring. Honestly, I don't even know, nor recall, where did I get one :cool: But I soooo happy to have it in my toolbox.

Hey everyone,
It looks like it could be used to shape plastic. Friction created by the tool spinning against the plastic could be used to reshape the plastic.

Bill

Hey everyone,
It looks like it could be used to shape plastic. Friction created by the tool spinning against the plastic could be used to reshape the plastic.

Bill
Nice guess... Bill. Don't forget to vote. please ;)

Looks to me something to shape polymer clay.
Or to burn wood when used in the mill also to polish like a PCD ball end mill

Last edited:
Back