What music do you listen to while modelbuilding?

Rollingstones, Kinks, Beatles, Eurythmics, Mickey Newbury, Pogues, The Weavers, Sonny Rollins, Dave Brubeck - Jazz, Folk , 50 - 60's when music was great. Oh yeah, Bob Dylan, lots of Bob Dylan --- If the modelling gets "grrrrrr" its nada, total silence no listening to anything.

Last edited:
Music to build by..
#1 - Pink Floyd
#2 - Estas Tonne
followed by any mellow music of late 60’s & 70’s.. also enjoy classical music played on an acoustic guitar.

It has been music up until now. Now it’s Podcasts! So many to choose from. Have listened to We Have Ways of Making You Talk. The Rest is History. The History of Rome by Mike Duncan. (Usually I’ll listen to these in the car as well, so long as the wife isn’t present. She’s not a fan. )
Of course I’ll go back to music occasionally. (I’ve recently discovered Simon Khorolskiy and Dead South on You Tube)

Well boys, I like electric swamp blues.... bending guitar strings till they want mercy.
Story is the same in country music too... trucks gone, wife's gone, bourbon's gone.... dog just ran off....
Funny thing is, I focus to the point I don't hear the music...

Well boys, I like electric swamp blues.... bending guitar strings till they want mercy.
Story is the same in country music too... trucks gone, wife's gone, bourbon's gone.... dog just ran off....
Funny thing is, I focus to the point I don't hear the music...
Swamp Blues? had to google that. Thanks for the pointer. Sounds good to me. Currently building AL Santa Maria with Maria Daines :D

There’s a young one on YouTube by the name of Justin Johnson. This guy can really play a guitar and does it without an effort. Usually just sitting on the veranda relaxing and bending strings.
ConsNZ, ya may not dance to him….. but ya need to hear the music ( as you put it )

ENJOY

My father has a similar system. He also has reels going beck to the 1960's. The family tapes have audio of me and my brother as babies. It's amazing how long the tapes have lasted. Some have been played hundreds of times.
I wish I still had some of those early tapes. I remember one recording of my mom coming to my bedroom. Opening the door of my room, and yelling "Will you put hat god damned thing up!" I was practicing playing my trumpet (high school band) and she was apparently quite frazzled.....memories huh?

Isn't there anyone more than me who prefers silence, no music to disturb the peace of mind?

Isn't there anyone more than me who prefers silence, no music to disturb the peace of mind?

i use to be a huge music fan and had a collection of over 700 albums from the early 1960 to around 2000. There was a record exchange shop in Cleveland where you could get nice used albums for $1.00 each or exchange albums. i even was a drummer in a rock band back in my high school days and a little beyond.
Then about 10 years ago something changed, i got rid of all my music i do not even have the radio on when i drive. The music just stopped and i prefer slience.

you not only hear music you feel it and it has been part of human culture for a long, long time

Archaeologists have found a pre-historic instrument carved from cave bear bones, and it can still be played today.
The Neanderthal Flute, found in the cave of Divje Babe in Slovenia, is thought to date back at least 50,000 years.

Back