Wappen Von Hamburg, Corel, a sort of log [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello and again thanks for following. The progress that I’m showing today is the upper deck with the start of some detailing, bitts, hatches gratings as well as the continued planking. I mentioned earlier about initially rigging some large blocks, you can see how these now pass through the upper deck. The deck planks were stained a light teak, then a sanding sealer was applied then after a light sanding I gave it a coat of satin poly, it gave the finish that I was hoping for. Again no issues were encountered at this stage.

View attachment 412157

View attachment 412158

View attachment 412159

View attachment 412160

View attachment 412161
Hello, a question: what were those 3-eyed blocks that come out of the hatches used for? I am intrigued.
Cheers
Adry

Hello, Here we are again for my daily update. Thanks Shota and Peter for your kind comments and everyone else for your likes.

Remember the pictures that I took of the build were never intended for a log so are not a stage by stage account of the build. I’m mentioning this as you’ll see in the photos that a large portion of Wappen had been made up before I took more photos, in fact too much to mention individually so please just browse the pictures for the progress I made. Again there were no problems and it became a joy to build.

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

That is an amazing result @Ken . Wappen von Hamburg is on my list to build one day.
Thank you for sharing and the valuable tips & tricks that will come in handy for future projects.
Out of interest, how much time have you spent on the total project ?
Cheers,
Dirk

This is such a stunning and beautiful build at every stage and a treat to follow. I am so glad you kept a fairly comprehensive record. what an undertaking!
very inspiring. You have great talent. A privilege to enjoy. I look forward to every post. Thumbs-Up :D

That is an amazing result @Ken . Wappen von Hamburg is on my list to build one day.
Thank you for sharing and the valuable tips & tricks that will come in handy for future projects.
Out of interest, how much time have you spent on the total project ?
Cheers,
Dirk
Hi Dirk, Thanks for your complimentary comment, it’s very much appreciated. If you’re thinking about building this model I wouldn’t hesitate, it’s one that if given half a chance I would build again. At this scale and with what I have learned since it could be a fabulous project detailing it to what it deserves

Hello and welcome again. Today’s offering is Wappen showing off her finery, almost ready to go to a regatta. As you can see she has been painted, detailed, varnished and all of the castings and canons fitted just the masts and rigging to go. Again sorry about the huge leap forward but these pictures were just to show the shop staff how it was coming along and not to show how it was done.

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

Hello there!! I just got back onto the site not too long ago and I came across your "log". Its a beautiful piece of work that you have going here. I look forward to see more and to follow your other builds for some more inspiration as well

Hello there!! I just got back onto the site not too long ago and I came across your "log". It’s a beautiful piece of work that you have going here. I look forward to see more and to follow your other builds for some more inspiration as well
Hi Rob, Thanks for the thumbs up. I too got inspiration from other logs on this site, they do encourage you to get better results.

Hi Paul, Yes I agree, this kit must be nearly forty years old and I think that it was a premium kit at the time, a much better product than some of the newer so called premium kits. I’m sure that you would create a work of art out of those castings.

The castings from my kit are from the '70, so almost 50 years old and indeed a premium kit it was for the day and perhaps in some way still is...
It is indeed high quality overall. Much better that the current plywood 3d puzzles that some of the modern kits seems to have become...

Hello and welcome to the conclusion of this log. Again I’m sorry that I haven’t any photos of building the masts and making up the rigging just these pictures of the completed build.

Over the years I have three favourite builds, this being one of them, another, my all time favourite is the Royal William, again I haven’t done a log here but I did take hundreds of photos showing in detail how I made every part and completed the build for the purpose of doing a log. Because of the interest shown and the many kind remarks that you’ve given I’ve decided to do a retro log here, you can see how much I’d progressed since this build. If you’re interested you’ll have to wait until I’ve finished my current Blandford build and log.

Many thanks to all for joining me on this voyage; it’s been a pleasure having you accompany me. Ken

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg