Victory Models Kit Revenge 1577 Race Built Galleon scale 1/64

The lower main mast is in place and the lower main shrouds are tied in place at the mast head. Started on rigging to the deadeyes. This series of photos illustrate how I do that rigging using a spacer jig. The jig will aid in fairly even spacing of the deadeyes. The jig is simply a piece of strip wood with mini nails driven through. I stick the nails through the appropriate holes in the lower and upper deadeyes which sets the spacing. Then rig the shroud and lace the deadeyes together. The fist deadeye sets the space so that I then need to match the spacing on the rest of the deadeyes.

IMG_1774.jpeg

IMG_1775.jpeg

IMG_1777.jpeg

IMG_1778.jpeg

IMG_1779.jpeg

IMG_1781.jpeg

IMG_1782.jpeg

And why is the lower deadeye one triangular, and the upper one round? Did you get anything wrong? The upper one should also be triangular.

Normally I agree…in this case it is an historical anomaly…maybe…. :)
Hi Daniel, It looks a very nice well built model, I like it. I too go with what I like and am not interested in absolute historical accuracy, it offends some but dogma often spoils the enjoyment of building a nice to look at model.

three different drawings.And they're triangular everywhere.What does the anomaly have to do with it?

View attachment 422597

View attachment 422598

View attachment 422600
Modelers anomaly…not an historical anomaly…truth be known I ran out of triangular deadeyes…there…I admit it! For some reason the kit was way short, by half, on triangular deadeyes (had to order more). Thought I could get away with an unconventional substitute...my sharp eyed fellow forum members called me out! So I will backtrack and fix the offending round deadeye with a triangular one. Good grief! :)

Last edited:
Take a rail of the appropriate size. Mark the holes. Cut into pieces according to size. Turn to a triangular shape. Believe me, there is nothing complicated about this.I'm not just picking on you. I want your model to please you later.

I have not posted a build log for some time so I thought it was time. I have started the Victory Models Kit Revenge 1577. It is a classic Race Built Galleon Warship of the Elizabethan Navy. I started the model six months back and set it aside to build a smaller model for my Granddaughter. She asked for a specific model. How could I say no. So this build log is starting after the typical keel and bulkhead construction is complete. Two decks are planked and installed. However, from here we can pick up the concept of the Victory Models kit construction and start progress comments and photo support. The kit itself is well stocked with parts, billets, and small parts. The wood is of high quality. Victory Models uses thin fiber board and plywood shapes as the base or "first planking." One then applies a second planking on the shape and install that on the model. The instruction booklet is photo driven. Short instructions with a photo of where and how the part is attached. There are also 20 sheets of plans that focus on specific sections and the build.

To get started here are a few introductory photos to illustrate the kit I am working with. Victory Models kits are high quality and they have a unique approach to model building.
Hallo @danielsje
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day!

你好这条船您做完了了吗,我最近也在研究这条船,很希望您的指导

Hello, have you finished this boat? I have been studying this boat recently and I really hope for your guidance.

Back