Uses for an old cutting mat

All the fuss about the color of a mat can partly be traced back to our American friends: They introduced the music style 'BlueGrass'. It shouldn't get any crazier....... :mad:
Grass is green under normal circumstances, if it turns brown then you have a problem, as does if it turns yellow. But I have never seen changing it into blue …….
Fortunately, Kurt @Kurt Konrath already brought photography into the picture with the composition of light and its influence.
A Blue mat is also a Green. With just a little too much Red in it. :) (If we talk in the same standerd RGB language….. ;))
Here at the sea we also have the colors SeaGreen and SeaBlue. And they are exactly the same.:)
So with What You See in real of mats Is Not What You Get on the photo. You cannot depend on a color on YOUR screen. WYSIWYG is not correct, it's WYSINWYG.
And if it wasn't something like that, then it wouldn't be like that... that's how it is.
I could be green and yellow annoyed and turn red in the face. But I just cut into every mat I come across until I'm left with blue fingers.
No MATter what color the mat has.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
All the fuss about the color of a mat can partly be traced back to our American friends: They introduced the music style 'BlueGrass'. It shouldn't get any crazier....... :mad:
Grass is green under normal circumstances, if it turns brown then you have a problem, as does if it turns yellow. But I have never seen changing it into blue …….
Fortunately, Kurt @Kurt Konrath already brought photography into the picture with the composition of light and its influence.
A Blue mat is also a Green. With just a little too much Red in it. :) (If we talk in the same standerd RGB language….. ;))
Here at the sea we also have the colors SeaGreen and SeaBlue. And they are exactly the same.:)
So with What You See in real of mats Is Not What You Get on the photo. You cannot depend on a color on YOUR screen. WYSIWYG is not correct, it's WYSINWYG.
And if it wasn't something like that, then it wouldn't be like that... that's how it is.
I could be green and yellow annoyed and turn red in the face. But I just cut into every mat I come across until I'm left with blue fingers.
No MATter what color the mat has.
Regards, Peter
I think he doesn't have a green mat. ROTF
Cutting mats must be green not blue. Oysters are blue, you can't cut on them. Singing yes a real cult, but not cutting.

Oysters are blue, you can't cut on them.
Wrong, Stephan. You have to cut IN them, otherwise you can't eat them. And you also cut IN a mat when using it. When you cut only ON a mat, you can put your 16 mats aside and just cut ON your table.
So, Not a valid argument! Blue mats are still in use ....... :)
Regards, Peter

Back