Syren 1803 1:64 Model Shipways

My wife celebrates my birthday more than me and because of her I look forward to another. Example: on my 70th we went to dinner and dancing but upon arrival she had 60 people from high school to present to celebrate. Oh what a night left the bar and went home to sit with friends until wee hours. So happy birthday to all.

A small update on my progress with the quarter badges. I mentioned earlier I was going to try and make my own instead of using the kit supplied cast metal ones. I have some cleanup work to do and there’s a decorative piece to go on the bottom of the badge but the first one is generally completed. The “rope” decoration is the remains of an old necklace from my wife. It’s kind of fitting to have something of hers on my model (and yes she knows I used it :D).

A couple of photos, one of which includes the kit supplied badge as a comparison.
I am also working on the pumps, small hull details, plating and painting the rudder, and other deck items. Thanks for looking in on me.

IMG_6656.jpeg

IMG_6660.jpeg

A small update on my progress with the quarter badges. I mentioned earlier I was going to try and make my own instead of using the kit supplied cast metal ones. I have some cleanup work to do and there’s a decorative piece to go on the bottom of the badge but the first one is generally completed. The “rope” decoration is the remains of an old necklace from my wife. It’s kind of fitting to have something of hers on my model (and yes she knows I used it :D).

A couple of photos, one of which includes the kit supplied badge as a comparison.
I am also working on the pumps, small hull details, plating and painting the rudder, and other deck items. Thanks for looking in on me.

View attachment 386265

View attachment 386266
Good morning Roger. Some say “improvement “ I say brilliant. You owned this. Cheers Grant

Roger it looks amazing. Hope some of our suggestions helps get to this fine result.
Yes, the suggestions have been more than helpful. It’s the friendly advice and input that makes this site so great. Thanks Will.

Wow! That's a fantastic outcome!
Thank you Paul, I always appreciate your support.

Good morning Roger. Some say “improvement “ I say brilliant. You owned this. Cheers Grant
Good morning Grant. I think I need to make something bigger next before tackling the port side. My eyes need a rest ;).

Dear Roger - my friend, first off, a very belated Happy Birthday. Secondly, I am speechless at your quarter badge. It looks exquisite! Now onwards to the other one - once these two are in place, I am sure it will transform an already beautiful Syren into something I can only dream about!

View attachment 386265

View attachment 386266
that looks fantastic! congratulations

Dear Roger - my friend, first off, a very belated Happy Birthday. Secondly, I am speechless at your quarter badge. It looks exquisite! Now onwards to the other one - once these two are in place, I am sure it will transform an already beautiful Syren into something I can only dream about!
Great to see you back and thanks for those really supportive comments and the birthday wishes.

I need to change tack slightly before doing the port side badge. I found that first one very time consuming so I’ll play with other small parts first, then continue as time permits. Summer here so it’s “catch up time” on outside jobs that never get done during the long winter months.

Back