Something reasonable out of Hoeckel's "FREGATTE BERLIN 1674" possible?

Nothing bitter intended Chris, things are what they are.

So you are looking for plans for a small frigate. Forget original drawings, they are non-existing. New drawings? Yes, I remember some German model builders successfully working on a model of 'Edam'. Perhaps you should explore German forums. Another option is Artitec's Postiljon. Herbert Tomesen planned to bring it out as a kit, but changed his plans. Perhaps he has material that can be used. You can find Artitec online. Here an impression of the model:

View attachment 428024View attachment 428025 View attachment 428022

View attachment 428023

A ship like this can relatively easily be built. 26 guns...
Hi Ab,

What a fine model from Herbert. A pity that he didn't decide to release a model of it.
Due to its compact size it is a model which could be build at a large scale of 1:33 or similar.
Time for a new book on Dutch frigates :)

Hello dear friends,

this is exactly what I feared - a nice looking but historically worthless build l would have time, effort, and materials wasted. But a big thanks for this interesting (quite French?) one of a blue.

So as @Heinrich told me to widen my mind and so all this in here led me into this newish article:
AKERBOOM
zijaanzicht (1).JPG
Ab Hoving was very kind to sent scaled 1/66 drawings, so I cut the discussion short in here - and do hope to meet you all at the CardYard.
Hth.

Last edited:
Back