Searching for ZHL Model Kits

Hej
Jeg mener at den region i Kina hvor ZHL ligger er lukket ned på grund af covid 19 og derfor ikke kan svare

Paul, I searched Amazon and found both the pearwood and boxwood kits available from ZHL. However, buying from Amazon would cost about $200 more than buying directly from ZHL because the price on Amazon is higher plus the sales tax.

BTW, it turns out that buying this kit on ebay also adds sales tax even though it comes directly from ZHL in China.

It looks like buying directly from ZHL is the cheapest way to go.

Does anybody have experience ordering directly from ZHL in China and what the shipping charges might be? I contacted ZHL last week about shipping to Tucson AZ but they haven't replied. The 1:30 Royal Caroline comes in 2 pretty large boxes and weighs 29 lbs .
Four months ago l order Bluenose from ZHL, l receive everything in perfect condition, very proffecional and very quick. And the owner are ready to help any time.

When I acquire the funds, I will buy directly from ZHL since most of you have had positive experiences in this regard. Thanks.

Just one more question: Have any of the Americans buying directly from ZHL had any problems with US customs during shipment? I previously purchased a kit from Caldercraft in England and it was held up in customs for a couple of weeks due to some issues involving "dangerous chemicals" needing to be declared in the shipment. I finally got it resolved with customs that it was a ship model kit containing nothing but wood and metal before it was cleared.

I bought mayflower kit four months ago directly from ZHL to California and receive in a very short time without any problem.

I’ve bought through both ZHL and Ali Express. Max was helpful on both kits. It did take some time to communicate with him. But he eventually helped me out. I think he got back with me after the holidays. Probably a busy time.

Max contacted me today via email in response to a message I sent on December 12th. Not sure why it took so long to respond, but he finally did.

It was mentioned in another topic.
His company and his city was in a strong lockdown and after the opening everybody was sick.

Back