Searching for ZHL Model Kits

Is there a source for ZHL model kits in the USA? I am particularly interested in the 1:30 Royal Caroline. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Does anybody have experience ordering directly from ZHL in China and what the shipping charges might be? I contacted ZHL last week about shipping to Tucson AZ but they haven't replied. The 1:30 Royal Caroline comes in 2 pretty large boxes and weighs 29 lbs .

Does anybody have experience ordering directly from ZHL in China and what the shipping charges might be? I contacted ZHL last week about shipping to Tucson AZ but they haven't replied. The 1:30 Royal Caroline comes in 2 pretty large boxes and weighs 29 lbs .
Most people ordered their kit from Zhl here on the forum,never seen any issues

zoly99sask, I assume you meant that forum members ordered their kits directly from ZHL and never had any issues.

I ordered the San Felipe from ZHL and it wasn,t very much for shipping, I don’t remember exactly how much but it was still really cheap for the model, and the quality of the kit was very nice

I have also ordered several kits over the last years from ZHL (Salamandre, Bonhomme Richard etc.) and had never any problems.
Also a very good aftersale service......

Hi,the shipping is $275,very heavy kit,23kg

CFF3BBFE-BEDB-4947-949A-FFCC59ACCE38.png

zoly99sask, thanks for the information. It didn't occur to me to simply add the model to the cart and calculate the shipping charges. I will have to save some pennies before I can buy this kit directly from ZHL.

I ordered the Soleil ROyal from ZHL direct
shipment to France was about $140

Based on everyone's feedback, I will go ahead and order directly from ZHL early next year. Thanks.

BTW, I have noticed on another ZHL Royal Caroline build log that there is a reference to a "Max" who will take care of any ZHL customer issues. Does anyone know who this "Max" is?

Based on everyone's feedback, I will go ahead and order directly from ZHL early next year. Thanks.

BTW, I have noticed on another ZHL Royal Caroline build log that there is a reference to a "Max" who will take care of any ZHL customer issues. Does anyone know who this "Max" is?
The owner of ZHL - when you communicate with ZHL you communicate with Max - btw he speaks and writes a very good english

Thanks, Uwe.

Unfortunately, Max or one of his employees has not bothered to reply to two messages asking for information. One message I posted directly on the "Contact Us" page on the website, the other was an email sent to modelshipkit@gmail.com.

ebay listing from modelshipkit. Use the Contact Seller link may have better communication results. Hope this helps your decision.
...henry

Zzyzx01, thanks. I've been an ebay buyer and seller since 1999, and I'm already watching this auction from ZHL. It would cost $4 more on ebay than ordering directly from ZHL--not a big deal. I don't know if there would be tax buying from ebay, but I doubt it since it's from an international seller. The plus side is that the purchase is protected by ebay. Buying directly from ZHL using paypal is also protected. Now I just have to figure how to pay for it :) .

Back