Santisima Trinidad - Occre Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

Re: OcCre Santisima Trinidad Build Log

<t>Reggie<br/>
It does seem daunting. But what you have to do is to break it down into smaller manageable sections. Not all books have bit of info that i am looking for. Then iturn to the net and other modelers that have far more knowledge than i do. you just take one thing at a time. A lot of the time iam not even sure myself if i am doing something correctly or not.</t>

<t>All three levels should have ratlines. There should also be at least 3 sizes of deadeye. The diameter of the dead should be 1/2 the diameter of the mast or only slightly larger. Backstays deadeyes are slightly smaller. They were also natural brown hardwood. Blocks were the same, but on many ships, the blocks were painted black.</t>

<t>Donnie , I am over whelmed with all the parts I have no clue what to do . I will try to break it into steps . It's hard when you are fairly new to it . I would love to see some more full length photo's of the Model if you get a chance . I don't see the stern view much I would like to check out those lamps on the Stern . There is so much out there .</t>

<t>Hello Donnie,<br/>
I just finished reading through your log, your Santisima Trinidad is looking top-notch, your work on the hull and fittings are remarkable and your rigging is flawless, you've done some very neat serving of your lines, may I know if you are using a serving machine?</t>

<r>Hey Aldo,<br/>
No - I do not have a serving machine of any type - i wish I do. I must do it all by my hands. I think i have a video or two on the main Ships of scale website on the right column under videos that if I remember describe the techniques I am using. <URL url="http://www.shipsofscale.com/videos">http://www.shipsofscale.com/videos</URL> <br/>
ps. Thank you very much for your comments - I always say that they are received with much humility. There are many people that I have learned from and know much more than I do.</r>

<r>Hello Donnie,<br/>
Just finished watching your videos, all I can say is WOW! That sure was some tedious work, especially considering the number of shrouds your Trinidad has <E>:shock:</E> Thanks very much for sharing your video, I learned a lot of new techniques from it. Keep up the top-notch job Sir.</r>

<t>Very impressive Donnie. I like your stile of riging, very clean, fantastic. When I get there I will have a 1000 guestions.<br/>
<br/>
Barba</t>

<t>I apologize ladies and gentleman for not being alive with my Trinidad. I am afraid that I am burned out again. I go through this from time to time. I need to get back to it. I only have a few more lines to do on the foremast, then I will move onto rigging the Main Mast, but I just cannot get motivated.</t>

<t>Donnie: <br/>
I know the feeling. Sometimes it may be months at a time. Having this site is so much of a motivator. Do not worry about it. Once modeling gets in your blood, it never leaves. Breaks are necessary no matter what you are doing in life.</t>

<t>I understand 100% burnout. I have it often, go for a few months and then Bam may not do anything for 4 or 6 weeks.. Other interests, time problems we all have them. Sometimes its just better to take a break than to keep pushing on and not enjoying the process.<br/>
<br/>
T</t>

<t>Thanks to all for the kind words and the encouragement. I decided to work on the Foremast Ratlines. I was going to tackle the Main Mast Shrouds, but I think I took the path of least resistance.</t>

Attachments

• foremastshrouds65.jpg
    foremastshrouds65.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 106
  • ratlines_closeup.jpg
    ratlines_closeup.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 107

<t>Looking good. This is probably the most boring job on the ship. I guess it is because you make the same knot 5,000 times and it is so hard to not get it an inward pull and keep the spacing right. Keep up the good work.</t>

<t>Hi Donnie<br/>
Its always good striving for higher quality on the job we do as a shipbuilder, but i would say that what you did is absolutely approved....Very nice ratlines <br/>
Børge</t>

<t>A little more candy for the eyes ! Almost finished with one side.</t>

Attachments

• foremastshrouds66.jpg
    foremastshrouds66.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 84

<t>Actually, this is quite easy and not so bad. Rigging the deadeyes- shrouds is much more intense than this. It takes about 8 to 10 min to string one row.</t>

<t>Take your time . The rigging job is Masterful . Superb work . I know how much time you have to spend on the site and things come up out of our control . We Love watching this build a lot of us think of it as the Queen of Ships of Scale . Your work is captavating and keeps us coming back . Don't worry there is so much talent on this site and so much pleasure it hurts.</t>

<t>Nice work Donnie. You are building a nice reference piece that you will refer to as you build your future models. Keep up the good work.</t>

<t>The latest - enjoy !</t>

Attachments

• foremastshrouds67.jpg
    foremastshrouds67.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 109
  • foremastshrouds68.jpg
    foremastshrouds68.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 109
Back