Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Мозе ли нека информација висе о васој масини ?Који мотор сте ористили и тако даље. Хвала

ENGLISH

Can you tell me more about your machine, which engine you used and so on. thanks
Hallo @Jefta
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Сделка на eBay - почти полный комплект, только не хватает документов и инструкций. Я сделал дерзкую ставку в 51 фунт и выиграл, даже фототравленные детали будут стоить дороже.View attachment 405493

Hallo Modellbaufreunde.

Proxxon hat eine Maschine unter der Bezeichnung "Winkelpolierer WP/E".
Ich kaufte diese Maschine wegen ihrer einstellbaren elektronischen Drehzahl zum "Schleifen".
Für mich ist sie Ideal zum groben straken der Spanten im inneren des Modells,
gegenüber dem Langhals-Winkelschleifer LHW mit konstanten 15000/min. hat sie den Vorteil :
eines gezielten und kontrollierbaren Schleifvorganges mit niedriger Drehzahl.

Karl

PROXXON1.jpg PROXXON2.jpg PROXXON3.jpg PROXXON4.jpg

Hello model making friends.

Proxxon has a machine called "Angle Polisher WP/E".
I bought this machine because of its adjustable electronic speed for "grinding".
For me, it is ideal for coarse tightening of the frames inside the model,
Compared to the long-neck angle grinder LHW with a constant 15000 rpm, it has the advantage :
a targeted and controllable grinding process at low speed.

Karl

View attachment 406016 View attachment 406017 View attachment 406018 View attachment 406019

I purchased a deadeyes 'mooring tool' for € 7,79 at Amazon. This is an adjustable rigging tool for deadeyes from 3.5 to 10 mm.
I have put it to the test with 5mm deadeyes. The principle seems to work, but it's not overly practical. It would work much better if it were made of plastic or metal. The plywood is too thick to get a firm hold on the narrow slot of the deadeye. It might work better with bigger deadeyes though. Still in situations where rigging in situ is cumbersome it can be helpful.
No assembly instructions are supplied, but this should not be a problem for modelers.

Added afterwards: I just had an idea. Tapering the edge of the plywood where it grips the deadeye might do the trick!

MooringTool__01.jpg

MooringTool__02.jpg

MooringTool__03.jpg

MooringTool__04.jpg

MooringTool__05.jpg

Last edited:
Not many people model sail/steam transitional vessels. That period was technologically strange.

Shackleton's Endurance was also one, as well as Scott's Terra Nova and Discovery! As far as I know only Endurance is available as a wooden kit.
Discovery is still there and can be visited in Dundee, Scotland.

Endurance:

End02.jpg

Discovery:

discovery-1901-med.jpg

Terra Nova:

Terra02.jpg

Last edited:
well, many of you know that I'm in the process of building my shop. I still need to put up a wall in the garage to separate my garage and add electrical, cooling and lighting. However, Rockler has a sale going that ends in a few days so I made my first large purchase for the shop. :) Right now, it's assembled but in the garage while I'm making space to have the wall installed. :)
10-324TG.jpg

well, many of you know that I'm in the process of building my shop. I still need to put up a wall in the garage to separate my garage and add electrical, cooling and lighting. However, Rockler has a sale going that ends in a few days so I made my first large purchase for the shop. :) Right now, it's assembled but in the garage while I'm making space to have the wall installed. :)
View attachment 406244

I am jealous... if it wasn't for my car occupying my garage, I would have it set up as a wood shop, but my baby does not get parked outside. We make our priorities...

View attachment 406244
Now you can make a lot of new sawdust - great tool

Although the transport and import costs are significant, I decided to purchase The Ultimation Slicer:
View attachment 406943
Partly because I have to cut a lot of pieces of Evergeen profile and sheets to build my new model Balder.
Regards, Peter
I am very interesting to see and read about your experiences with this tool

Although the transport and import costs are significant, I decided to purchase The Ultimation Slicer:
View attachment 406943
Partly because I have to cut a lot of pieces of Evergeen profile and sheets to build my new model Balder.
A solid piece of precision tool.
Regards, Peter
I've heard some very good things about these. I hope you have the same success !

View attachment 406943
Regards, Peter

I love mine. Yes, it’s a pricey spend, but I have absolutely zero buyer’s remorse, especially when it came time for cutting deck planks.

View attachment 406943
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter
I bought one last year while in the US for Xmas and have to say that I am extremely pleased with it.
Cuts are neat and very sharp, angle measurement is precise.
What's the most interesting part is the replicator if you have to do multiple pieces all of the same length. In such case, it is super easy and gives great results.
I'm sure you'll love it

View attachment 406943
Regards, Peter
Let's see how many fingers you have left at the end of the year. That thing is a BEAST!

I am very interesting to see and read about your experiences with this tool
I've heard some very good things about these. I hope you have the same success !
Did some tests with 2 Evergreen profiles:
1699972437536.png
If you can cut off parts of less than 1 mm, then the rest will be fine.
I could hardly find back the 2 little pieces:
1699972833323.png
This is partly because the cutting movement is both vertical and horizontal.
This is clearly visible on the Ultimation video:
Especially at 1:48 and 2:02
The experiences posted by @FrankW @Gilbertm and @DARIVS ARCHITECTVS above are great to hear.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Back