Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Nice! I’d really like to pick up a Byrnes saw but he’s had orders shut down for months. First it was “back in August”, then mid-September, now it’s “sometime in November”
Grrrr

Not ship related but a scale of 1/1 so could me busy for a long time
Say hello to sooty View attachment 399264
She is a beauty for sure! Hope she doesn't grow like my son's puppy, an English Bulldog, which was small quite and cute when 3 months old, now 4 times the size and energy and wants to jump and run around bumping into things all day. Not allowed in my ship yard.

I purchased the following tool for simulating the nail holes on the copper tape. Does not come with instructions, but their website has a video. Need to put threadlock on the little screw so that the nut doesn't come off. they do not mention that. simple to assemble.
View attachment 401393
looking forward to hearing ( and seeing) the results of this tool. :)

well. it's not bad but you need a steady hand to make the thing roll straight. I think I need more practice but one thing is I wouldn't make more than 3 tiles at a time, which is one rotation of the tool. That corresponds to the extent that I can keep the thing rolling in a straight line. I want to work with plates and not a long strip of copper tape so I will cut the pieces into plates.

What do you think:

20231020_133424.jpg

well. it's not bad but you need a steady hand to make the thing roll straight. I think I need more practice but one thing is I wouldn't make more than 3 tiles at a time, which is one rotation of the tool. That corresponds to the extent that I can keep the thing rolling in a straight line. I want to work with plates and not a long strip of copper tape so I will cut the pieces into plates.

What do you think:

View attachment 401425
A very nice result. But given the number you need to make I would think a jig of some kind is mandatory in order to guide the roller and keep the copper plates coming out the same.

What do you think:

View attachment 401425
I suggest that you take two long (12" or so) strips of wood maybe 1/4" thick and glue parallel spaced the width of tape and roller to help keep tape and roller in line when you run the length of strip.

The jig idea is great. Here I am rolling frantically on the tape and not getting a perfect result. I must have wasted a couple of meters of tape, but with a jig it should be a lot less.

Nice! I’d really like to pick up a Byrnes saw but he’s had orders shut down for months. First it was “back in August”, then mid-September, now it’s “sometime in November”
Grrrr

Every Byrnes tool I ordered I had to wait 3-4 weeks. So if they say it will be sometime in November, be sure you will get it. Just order it, you will never regret your decision.

Cheers
Daniel

Every Byrnes tool I ordered I had to wait 3-4 weeks. So if they say it will be sometime in November, be sure you will get it. Just order it, you will never regret your decision.

Cheers
Daniel

I don’t mind the wait time… I understand he’s a small operation. Problem is he hasn’t even been TAKING orders for a few months now.

Hallo

Here I would like to briefly introduce you to my Britannia on a scale of 1:24.

Length approx. 1092 mm
Width approx. 235 mm
Displacement approx. 8.75 kg.

The hull, the superstructure and the rowing boat are made of GFK, and the iron plates, rivets and other details can be seen on the external surfaces.

There are around 700 metal fittings.

Various strips, wooden panels, 2 figures, building instructions and 1 plan sheet

Here are some pictures.

20231020_163611.jpg

20231020_163618.jpg

20231020_163621.jpg

20231020_163626.jpg

20231020_163819.jpg

20231020_163824.jpg

20231020_163831.jpg

20231020_163833.jpg

20231020_163940.jpg

20231020_164040.jpg

20231020_164058.jpg