Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Proxxon Scroll Saw
Being well pleased with the Proxxon lathe I bought last week (see earlier post) I considered buying the mini table saw to keep it company. Unfortunately I could not identify a need. I have a grown-up table saw in the garage for heavier cutting. For model making I manage quite well with bench hook, mitre block and razor saw.
The mini scroll saw, however, is justifiable. My full size one is OK for roughing out curved cuts but, if fitted with a fine blade, it is difficult to make precise ones. The angle at which I need to feed to the blade can be anything within twenty degrees of straight ahead. The Proxxon scroll saw (delivered today) is much more precise. The provision of a fence and angle stop means it can do controlled straight cuts as well as curved ones.
A test run seemed to show it works as expected. It is a bit slow getting through 9mm ply but fine for thinner stuff. It vibrates a fair bit but that is inevitable with a reciprocating action. I may try some damping options: rubber mat or mounting on a thick block of wood. There is a recess at the left hand edge of the table top which the instructions say is for storing spare blades. Had it been about 1mm wider it could have been used to store the fence when not in use.
If I had bought this six months ago and been blessed with foresight I would have cut some extra bulkheads for the Panart Royal Caroline. Some are so widely spaced that the planking between them is springy. not well restrained and can tend to bow outwards.
Scroll_Saw[1].jpg

Sorry for the duplicate posts . New to Win 11

This will fix losing parts in concrete groves. Simply use masking tape on both sides of the groves then fill with acrylic caulking and level with a putty knife.
when dry you will not lose parts because of those canyons :=)
This is for member STEFF on his Dec 7 2023 post
Hallo @Genesis
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I was all set on getting myself an Arrowmax, but after checking out a few online reviews, it sounds like they're not very good at precision work. Would like to hear what our community's experience has been.

I was all set on getting myself an Arrowmax, but after checking out a few online reviews, it sounds like they're not very good at precision work. Would like to hear what our community's experience has been.
As an owner of one, I can fully agree with the precision mentioned by Namabiiru of this device. It does have the torque, but the 4 available speeds are not optimal for the job I thought I could use. Among other drawbacks is only one collet size, limiting the use of drillbits on the 2.35mm shafts. When you want to stop and press the 'start\stop' button, it will rotate opposite direction and you have to press the button again to completely stop the operation. This is really annoying! Since I acquired it, I have had very little use of the tool, but I am using the drill bits and purchase set 'B' (optional purchase), the rotary tool comes with set 'A'. Now I have both sets ranging from 0.5 to 2.3mm with a 0.1mm increment.

To sum up, I am not thrilled with either performance or accuracy, but it does the job. It drills the holes. This is a personal subjective opinion.

How was a life and work without this small battery driven drill possible?
I think it is possible, but I hope it is nice to have in the workshop - just received

View attachment 440904

View attachment 440905
I have tried to order one some months ago, together with the drill-press for it. But after ordering, I waited for the delivery. And waited ….. and waited …… :( Canceled the order after 1,5 month, maybe something went wrong. Did a new order and waited …….. and waited ……. And canceled it again after a month. :( Hopefully in a few days my ordered Proxxon FBS 240/E with drill-press MB 200 will arrive.:)
And after Jim’s review:
As an owner of one, I can fully agree with the precision mentioned by Namabiiru of this device. It does have the torque, but the 4 available speeds are not optimal for the job I thought I could use. Among other drawbacks is only one collet size, limiting the use of drillbits on the 2.35mm shafts. When you want to stop and press the 'start\stop' button, it will rotate opposite direction and you have to press the button again to completely stop the operation. This is really annoying! Since I acquired it, I have had very little use of the tool, but I am using the drill bits and purchase set 'B' (optional purchase), the rotary tool comes with set 'A'. Now I have both sets ranging from 0.5 to 2.3mm with a 0.1mm increment.

To sum up, I am not thrilled with either performance or accuracy, but it does the job. It drills the holes. This is a personal subjective opinion.
I'm kind of glad it stuck with the 2 attempts.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
I use this one, every day. I think one of my best buy ever. (except my MF70, that stands in top)

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 10-09-26 29.29€ 54% OFF Lulaa Charmante Professionele Elektrische Nag...png

You can change the tip for 2,35 / 3,0 and 3,175 mills. (I use 3 handsets with those 3 measurements)
And they are strong, precise and cheap.
And when you want battery there is a set with charger.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 10-09-00 20.57€ 71% OFF Nagelboor 45000Rpm Professionele Draaibank Ma...png

The best buy I ever did.
Search for nail drill on Aliexpress. or look here:

I use it to drill, sand and carving. The handpiece is very light to handle and you can hold it very near to the tip.

I am very happy with mine. You need to have the proper expectations. Don't expect it to be a Proxon milling machine. Its a small and lightweight drill. I find it more precise then my Dremel tool. However, the drill press available for it also does not make it a milling machine and does not have the precision. But that is the trade off for convenience.

I have tried to order one some months ago, together with the drill-press for it. But after ordering, I waited for the delivery. And waited ….. and waited …… :( Canceled the order after 1,5 month, maybe something went wrong. Did a new order and waited …….. and waited ……. And canceled it again after a month. :( Hopefully in a few days my ordered Proxxon FBS 240/E with drill-press MB 200 will arrive.:)
And after Jim’s review:

I'm kind of glad it stuck with the 2 attempts.
Regards, Peter
I just want to reiterate, it is only a personal opinion of mine. But...as we say, it is better to see once than hear many times. I made today some videos so you can see them on your own. I use the precision Busch drill bit to exclude drillbit deviation itself.

This is the Arrowmax tool deviation

...and this is an inexpensive rotary tool, it doesn't have a torque at all, but also doesn't have a deviation.

I am very happy with mine. You need to have the proper expectations. Don't expect it to be a Proxon milling machine. Its a small and lightweight drill. I find it more precise then my Dremel tool. However, the drill press available for it also does not make it a milling machine and does not have the precision. But that is the trade off for convenience.
I agree with you, Jef. The company never claimed the precision of its tool, and it does have a good torque, other brands cannot get even close in their tools. But..., you kinda expect better engineering while spending more than $70 (USA) for the rotary tool. I guess, the company cares about the presentation (portable aluminum case, magnetic drill bits storage, LCD display) rather than the actual quality of the tool.

But hey...this is just me and my personal view, I am sure other owners like this tool.

The deviation makes it not very useful for our hobby. :confused:

The cheap one looks better in this case. Sometimes is cheap better.
The nail drill I use it to make these tiny warriors heads for the Prins Willem with them, no deviation and very staeady. I used a round 0,3 mm. end mill with it and that worked perfect.

The cheap one looks better in this case. Sometimes is cheap better.
...the cheap one doesn't have torque at all and has limited use as well. But it costs a fraction of the Arrowmax cost (less than 10 bucks). I wish, one day, there will be one rotary tool with precision, portability, and enough torque to fulfill my needs. ;)

I just want to reiterate, it is only a personal opinion of mine. But...as we say, it is better to see once than hear many times. I made today some videos so you can see them on your own. I use the precision Busch drill bit to exclude drillbit deviation itself.

...and this is an inexpensive rotary tool, it doesn't have a torque at all, but also doesn't have a deviation.

Sorry Jim, we can't even consider these videos since they are not on a green cutting mat..... ROTF
For what its worth, mine is better than that, but still exhibits some wobble.

Sorry Jim, we can't even consider these videos since they are not on a green cutting mat..... ROTF
For what its worth, mine is better than that, but still exhibits some wobble.
...damn, I feel like a chopped liver! Not only I don't own/exhibit a green mat, but my rotary tool is the worst among others :pROTFROTFROTFROTFROTF

Back