Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

I think this little beauty has been highlighted by others, which is why I came to long for one.
Well it arrived in the mail today.
I’m in love. And I think my building skills have improved by just looking at it.
Good buy!
It is useful and very accurate. I like it and it is on my wish list. There is also a jig available for it to sharpen the blade. For the Dutch people look at Baptist.nl

The ordered Proxxon tools arrived (after my Dremel stopped working after many years of labor.):
1713524256163.png
The FBS 240/E because of the maximum speed of 22,000rpm is continuously variable down to 5,000rpm and the keyless chuck for shanks from 0.3 - 3.2mm. My heavy BFW 40/E with the cross-table has the hardened collets covering 2.35 - 3 - 3.2 - 4 - 5 and 6mm.
I hope to use the belt sander BS/E for adjusting the Evergeen parts of my Balder build. By using sandpaper by hand, it gives to much tension on the parts. It has also adjustable speed. Practice will tell. ;)
My experiences with Proxxon are positive, which is why I opted for German reliability. It's value for money. :)
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
The ordered Proxxon tools arrived (after my Dremel stopped working after many years of labor.):
View attachment 442674
The FBS 240/E because of the maximum speed of 22,000rpm is continuously variable down to 5,000rpm and the keyless chuck for shanks from 0.3 - 3.2mm. My heavy BFW 40/E with the cross-table has the hardened collets covering 2.35 - 3 - 3.2 - 4 - 5 and 6mm.
I hope to use the belt sander BS/E for adjusting the Evergeen parts of my Balder build. By using sandpaper by hand, it gives to much tension on the parts. It has also adjustable speed. Practice will tell. ;)
My experiences with Proxxon are positive, which is why I opted for German reliability. It's value for money. :)
Regards, Peter
YAY! You will be delighted while using those! Good choice!

View attachment 442674
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, all three parts are great, I have the cordless belt sander and am very happy with it.

Here are some pictures I took

Miter box
Not a new tool, but possibly a new “feature“ or at least it was for me. I’m betting that many of us have a small miter box to go with a hobby saw. While using mine to cut a 45 degree cut, I noticed the “floor” of the box has multiple grooves of varying sizes. At first I thought it was weird… after all, why wasn’t it matching grooves to catch the sawdust?
IMG_6748.jpeg
IMG_6747.jpeg
Then it hit me… the grooves are made to match the common board sizes. By placing your board in the matching groove, it helps you hold the board more securely in place, giving you an even more accurate cut.
IMG_6811.jpeg
Again, I bet many of you know about this, but for me it is a very cool “new” feature.

Miter box
Not a new tool, but possibly a new “feature“ or at least it was for me. I’m betting that many of us have a small miter box to go with a hobby saw. While using mine to cut a 45 degree cut, I noticed the “floor” of the box has multiple grooves of varying sizes. At first I thought it was weird… after all, why wasn’t it matching grooves to catch the sawdust?
View attachment 443090
View attachment 443093
Then it hit me… the grooves are made to match the common board sizes. By placing your board in the matching groove, it helps you hold the board more securely in place, giving you an even more accurate cut.
View attachment 443095
Again, I bet many of you know about this, but for me it is a very cool “new” feature.
Ha! ... never knew that. Many thanks for posting and revealing something so obvious it completely by-passed me. :rolleyes:

That Crafty Sailor certainly is crafty and Speedy, think he must have a sail racing background. Ordered some Gratings. "BOOM!" arrived today, 12 days from placement of order to receipt. That's better than Amazon or E-Bay deliveries to my address. Have to love those Canadian outlets. Cheers all :);):cool:.

Back