Proxxon FET fence upgrade

T-nut slide.JPG
Colud you say what type of profile is it or what to type when looking in shop?
Because it's not regular T-track

Last edited:
Can you provide more details, do you have draft and parts lists so our members can attempt to upgrade their gear? Thank you in advance, and Happy New Year!

Having looked at the prices of linear rails, & not liking them, I decided to have ago at improving my FET.
The two issues I had were, [1] too much backlash in the vernier adjustment, ;2] movement in the fence when tightening the lock lever.
I removed the vernier mechanism, found a deeper M6 nut, added a brass shim 0.002 ins.[0.004 mmm], refitted & voilà! Virtually no backlash.
Next I removed the fence & mounting block, then I used 3 strips of 0.05 x 6 mm brass (I have no 1.5 mm) to shim out the slackness (up & down movement) & twisting of the block when tightening the lock lever.
Result - no backlash & no movement of the fence when being locked, & at a cost of 0.000! All parts from my extensive stockpile. :D

Last edited:
I removed the vernier mechanism, found a deeper M6 nut, added a brass shim 0.02 mm, refitted & voilà! Virtually no backlash.
Next I removed the fence & mounting block, then I used 3 strips of 0.05 x 6 mm brass (I have no 1.5 mm) to shim out the slackness (up & down movement) & twisting of the block when tightening the lock lever.

Hi, thanks for sharing your experiences. I did not understand what you did. Can you provide some pictures?

Hi Yuri, will do my best, but not very visible.

Stuart
Hey, Stuart. Any pictures would help. I wonder if you managed to make the vernier mechanism usable.
I was able to make my FET fence not to wobble when locking but my vernier function is disabled.

Last edited:
Hey, Stuart. Any pictures would help. I wonder if you managed to make the vernier mechanism usable.
Hey Yuri, photos added, I bent the ends of the brass strips & added a spot of CA to retain them. The 3rd photo just about shows the nut with the 0.002" shim. The original 'vernier' does work good enough for me.

Stuart

Last edited:
Back