Modelship Dockyard - New Kit PoF 1:96 H.M.S. Enterprize 1774 by Modelship Dockyard

Don't know which is correct, but Wikipedia list the 1774, 28 gun frigate is "Enterprise". Also according to Wikipedia, in 1775 there was a "Enterprize" that was a 10 gun tender. :) Just thought that might help spur some research to make sure the correct name is used when the kit is made available. :)

Information taken from:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Enterprise

Hope that helps!

Jeff

Don't know which is correct, but Wikipedia list the 1774, 28 gun frigate is "Enterprise". Also according to Wikipedia, in 1775 there was a "Enterprize" that was a 10 gun tender. :) Just thought that might help spur some research to make sure the correct name is used when the kit is made available. :)

Information taken from:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Enterprise

Hope that helps!

Jeff
Hallo Jeff,

it is definitely the british HMS Enterprise, a 28-gun frigate and name ship of her class of twenty-seven ships.

bhc3323.jpg

There are several contemporary drawings existing of the ship, but also of other sisterships of the same class

For research you have to know, that either ENTERPRIZE with "Z" or ENTERPRISE with "S" is correct - so alternative spelling.
The same with the Syren of the same class - either SYREN or also SIREN
or the SURPRIZE or also SURPRISE

Hallo Jeff,

it is definitely the british HMS Enterprise, a 28-gun frigate and name ship of her class of twenty-seven ships.

View attachment 400724

There are several contemporary drawings existing of the ship, but also of other sisterships of the same class

For research you have to know, that either ENTERPRIZE with "Z" or ENTERPRISE with "S" is correct - so alternative spelling.
The same with the Syren of the same class - either SYREN or also SIREN
or the SURPRIZE or also SURPRISE
Thanks. I figured by the provided pictures it was the 28 gun ship. I just thought if the correct spelling is with the S they may want to make sure it makes it into their documentation for anyone wanting to do additional research.

I was just trying to be helpful.

Jeff

The carvings are great - I love this model already

I'm in for the boxwood 1:96 version... it is just exquisite. Ready has Christmas gift in the US? Please say yes. ;_)

one small question: will you have the plan for the mats and rigging? even if the material is not included in the kit release? I'm just curious mostly, not a deal braker... just convenience.

Back