Opinion on Constitution model

Looking at two different kits for the USS Constitution. Billings model at 1:100 and Modelshipways model at 1:76 scale.
Aside from the obvious differences in scale (And price) I'm looking for opinions on quality of materials, instructions etc. between the two.
Thanks, Ron
I would pass on the Billings...you will wind up spending more $$$ to get it accurate. I built it and wound up spending what I paid for the model on parts.

I would pass on the Billings...you will wind up spending more $$$ to get it accurate. I built it and wound up spending what I paid for the model on parts.
Thanks Bhill,
I did pass on Billings. Ref: post #11

About 2,000. I bought 2,600 not knowing how many I would need. I used some on the cutaway later and still have about 500 left.
Thanks Jedd,
I’ll probably order about 2500. With these old sometimes shaky hands I’ll probably ruin many :)

And with these fine large hulls, you will get the practice to get it done correct.

Whats the old saying "Practice makes perfect" but hasn't helped me much.

Looking at two different kits for the USS Constitution. Billings model at 1:100 and Modelshipways model at 1:76 scale.
Aside from the obvious differences in scale (And price) I'm looking for opinions on quality of materials, instructions etc. between the two.
Thanks, Ron
Ron, I agree with Bruce, larger sizes are better and the Modelshipways / 1:76 scale is a very good quality kit.

Back