Nuestra Senora del Pilar by Occre - Build log

Build Log: Nuestra Senora del Pilar (OcCre, 1:46)

Update to progress.

I have been working on assembling the foremast. It is pretty detailed for a mast. Each section has been tapered, stained, lacquered, and glued together. There is still some painting to do on the upper sections. I followed the 1:1 drawings provided by OcCre. The formast is 27.5 inches tall as measured from the deck.

Here are some pictures of my progress....View attachment 358397View attachment 358398View attachment 358399View attachment 358400View attachment 358401
Fabulous work, simply awesome. But may I add that I thoroughly checked out your workshop and the tools you have, and slowly wept, then cried tears of envy.Speechless Great workmanship Philski

Build Log: Nuestra Senora del Pilar (OcCre, 1:46)

Update to progress.

I have been working on assembling the foremast. It is pretty detailed for a mast. Each section has been tapered, stained, lacquered, and glued together. There is still some painting to do on the upper sections. I followed the 1:1 drawings provided by OcCre. The formast is 27.5 inches tall as measured from the deck.

Here are some pictures of my progress....View attachment 358397View attachment 358398View attachment 358399View attachment 358400View attachment 358401
Good morning Phil. That is a tall foremast. They get thin at the top gallant area and tricky to keep the angle right when rigging the standing rigging. Your detail on the mast is Fantastic. Cheers Grant

Hi, will you be installing the backstays before the ratlines too? I am just thinking that it may become tricky to rig the ratlines with the backstays in the way.

Very nice Phil, it is coming on well. Looking forward to seeing the completed model. One thing I have done with my yards is to drill and install a pin in the middle of each yard and then drilled a corresponding hole in the mast when each yard is positioned. This has allowed me to tension the running rigging lines as obviously the weight of a model yard is not the same as a real yard under gravity. What are you planning to use for the sails, the out of the box or your own custom sails?

Wonderful work. This is a kit I wanted to build but it no longer appears on the Occre website or on the model sites that I used
Wonderful work. This is a kit I wanted to build but it no longer appears on the Occre website or on the model sites that I used to see it on.
I HAVE DOWNLOADA pdf FORMAT-ABOUT 100 PAGES. FROM THIS YOU CAN BUILD IT YOURSELVES. SOME PARTS ARE DIVEDID IN 3-PRINT ITS ONE OUT AND GLUE THEM TOGETHER. DURING THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL TOU WII SEE THE SCALE OF EACH PARTS- SOME ARE IN 1:1 SCALE. i WILL HAVE A LOOK ON tHE OCCRE SIDE AND IF NOT I WILL CALL.
ANYHOW I WILL LOOK FOR DOWNLOAD AND SEND IT TO YOU- JUST REMIND MI ON THE LETTER BOX

Thank you
For the moment out of stock, as a full kit. on the other side, it can be bought by parts. Part 1- is out of the sale, but 2-3-4-5 are still in stock.
Wonderful work. This is a kit I wanted to build but it no longer appears on the Occre website or on the model sites that I used to see it on.
It is out of stock, as a complete box, but it can be bought in section-6- the bad thing is nº 1 is sold out, the rest from 2 -6 still in stock.

For the moment out of stock, as a full kit. on the other side, it can be bought by parts. Part 1- is out of the sale, but 2-3-4-5 are still in stock.

It is out of stock, as a complete box, but it can be bought in section-6- the bad thing is nº 1 is sold out, the rest from 2 -6 still in stock.
Thanks for the information. I think I will wait till the full kit is available. :)

Back