My little Victory

Good morning Martin. Happy Birthday for yesterday and I hope you had a brilliant Christmas. Wow- that must be one of the smallest Victory models out there. How you get such detail at that scale is incredible. Respect. Cheers Grant
Thank you Grant.
It tends to get hectic as I have my Birthday, my mums Birthday, Our wedding anniversary, Christmas and New year. Quite a time.

Keep a close eye on this site as I am thinking on going a lot smaller.

Here are a couple of photos of a schooner i made quite some years ago.

IMG_3146.JPGIMG_3147.JPG
I have learnt a lot since making it so going smaller should not be to much of a problem Hopefully ROTF

Thank you Grant.
It tends to get hectic as I have my Birthday, my mums Birthday, Our wedding anniversary, Christmas and New year. Quite a time.

Keep a close eye on this site as I am thinking on going a lot smaller.

Here are a couple of photos of a schooner i made quite some years ago.

View attachment 348338View attachment 348339
I have learnt a lot since making it so going smaller should not be to much of a problem Hopefully ROTF
Well Martin, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, Merry Christmas and Happy New year. How you do so small….no idea, 1:78 scale is “bad enough” for me. Cheers Grant

Hi Martin

I just went through your build log and your ship looks great, it looks like a big model to me and that means you are doing a real job. I'm not doing anything right now, but when I see how you enjoying in this build, makes me want to pull out the only kit I have and start putting something together .

Good luck with everything you celebrate, good luck in your future work and take care of your fingers!!

Hi Martin

I just went through your build log and your ship looks great, it looks like a big model to me and that means you are doing a real job. I'm not doing anything right now, but when I see how you enjoying in this build, makes me want to pull out the only kit I have and start putting something together .

Good luck with everything you celebrate, good luck in your future work and take care of your fingers!!
Hi Barba.
Thank you for your nice comment and the Likes.
My problem is I keep forgetting to take photos as I go along.
Having said that I have reached the part of the build that gets a bit repetitious so this will now be more of a progress report rather than a Build Log.

I think you should get your kit out from where ever it is hiding and make a start on it.
And maybe do a Build Log on it too.

What kit are you thinking of making ?

Hi Martin

The last 2 months I have had a lot of work to finish my ship. You always need to make some rope in an put this rope in place, connect something, and have patience, which you know very well. So at first I was satisfied with the fact that I could get up in the morning and watch something on the "history" channel.

Then I came to the forum, I currently have a lot of time because my wife got corona. I look at the works of other colleagues with pleasure and slowly that restlessness to create something awakens in me.

Normally I don't make kits, but a few years ago all of us modelers bought the magazine "The big sailships" which was combined with parts from the ship "Saint John the Baptist" by DeAgostini. I don't know in what scale it is at the moment.

I put it all neatly away and now the wood is dry enough for construction .

Hi Martin

The last 2 months I have had a lot of work to finish my ship. You always need to make some rope in an put this rope in place, connect something, and have patience, which you know very well. So at first I was satisfied with the fact that I could get up in the morning and watch something on the "history" channel.

Then I came to the forum, I currently have a lot of time because my wife got corona. I look at the works of other colleagues with pleasure and slowly that restlessness to create something awakens in me.

Normally I don't make kits, but a few years ago all of us modelers bought the magazine "The big sailships" which was combined with parts from the ship "Saint John the Baptist" by DeAgostini. I don't know in what scale it is at the moment.

I put it all neatly away and now the wood is dry enough for construction .
Hi barba,
You might find this interesting and helpful.

Hi Guys,
Here is an update on my little victory.

The for-mast had a new item in it’s construction.
That item was a Chopstick LOL!

IMG_3148.JPGIMG_3149.JPGIMG_3150.JPGIMG_3151.JPGIMG_3153.JPG
IMG_3155.JPGIMG_3156.JPGIMG_3157.JPG
The mast and yards ingredient’s were Chop stick and BBQ stick and you guest it Cocktail sticks LOL!!

There is still a little rigging to do from the yards to the main mast and stays.

The Bowsprit has a crazy amount of rigging on it.

IMG_3154.JPGIMG_3158.JPG

I keep saying that I will fit the Anchor but still have not done so. Maybe soon.

The next step is to rig the shrouds and the ratlines then on to the main mast.

Hi Guys,
Here is an update on my little victory.

The for-mast had a new item in it’s construction.
That item was a Chopstick LOL!

View attachment 350125View attachment 350126View attachment 350128View attachment 350129View attachment 350131
View attachment 350134View attachment 350135View attachment 350137
The mast and yards ingredient’s were Chop stick and BBQ stick and you guest it Cocktail sticks LOL!!

There is still a little rigging to do from the yards to the main mast and stays.

The Bowsprit has a crazy amount of rigging on it.

View attachment 350132View attachment 350138

I keep saying that I will fit the Anchor but still have not done so. Maybe soon.

The next step is to rig the shrouds and the ratlines then on to the main mast.
Good morning Martin. Chopsticks, toothpicks and Martins little Victory evolves. Looking awesome. Cheers Grant

First I'd like to ask what you did the hull planking with and second if you drank all the drinks with the Cocktail sticks in them?
Hi Normal,
The plan was to let the Admiral drink the cocktails so that I remained sober enough to plank the hull with the planking provided in the kit.
The cocktail sticks were payment for washing up the glasses.

Back