My little Victory

Hi Guys,

I hope you all had a very nice Christmas.

First update after Christmas.

Well The bowsprit is now rigged with the exception of the For-stay's to the Forward mast.

IMG_3138.JPGIMG_3139.JPG

I also made a start on making the Foremast.
Made from wooden knitting needle, BBQ stick and the usual scrap wood.

IMG_3140.JPGIMG_3142.JPG
No I do not have big thumbs the mast parts are small LOL!!!

Martin,
Great work in small scale! Thank you for posting. I was fortunate to tour the Victory and the Warrior in South Hampton many years ago and it was an unforgetable experience. VR,

Hi Guys,

Firstly before I start this build log I want to say a very big thank you to our member Rsj who has made this build possible by giving me the plans and instructions for the Mantra 1:200 scale HMS Victory that he had built and has done a fantastic job in doing so.

Thank you very much Rsj.

I know there are a lot of excellent HMS Victory build logs on this site so I hope you would not mind one more.

I will be using all the other build logs that have been posted by our great member for reference, and no doubt I will have a few questions at some point in time.

I must say from the start that this model will be scratch built using whatever materials I can find and modified accordingly as I go along.
My style of model making is to try and make a model that is pleasing to the eye.
I do not expect it to be true to the original ship or even as detailed but I hope to make a reasonably representation of this ship.

Normally my builds are in advanced of the build log but as I am unsure as to what I am doing so I will post as I go.
This build will take a while as every thing will be made from scratch and by hand.
So enough waffling.

Now to start the log.

The first thing was to scan the frames and keel sheet and then print them out and glue them to a sheet of 5mm plywood that was the back of a piece of furniture.
(I think the kit used 3mm Plywood.)
Hallo @Martin555.
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

I am always amazed by your great work Martin, I always think of your scale.
Thank you Tobias.
Martin,
Great work in small scale! Thank you for posting. I was fortunate to tour the Victory and the Warrior in South Hampton many years ago and it was an unforgetable experience. VR,
Thank you Danno71.
I live quite close to both ships and I cannot remember the last time I went to see them.
Awesome Martin! I hope you have/had a great day celebrating with family and friends.
Thank you Paul,
I had a quiet Birthday at home with my wife.

Back