"Master" Plank?

It is maybe easier to have the complete doc - see the attached pdf-file
Thank you for the document. Very technical and valuable resource. I see that I'll need to practice a bit to make sure I am grasping the concepts. Thank you for sharing this.

Cierto o No. En todos los kits -antes y hoy - las instrucciones recomiendan a insertar los DECK lo antes poible- lo que puede y hace hacer mucho problemas después, sobre todo el Riggen (no hay sitio ) supongo es para mantener las cuadernas aliñado -una cosa donde no estoy de acuerdo- por eso you uso el plank nº 3 para mantener los cuadernas alineado. los ultimas años de mis construcciones, yo no solo insertaba a Bovfiller, pero también fillers entre lo demás cuadernas hasta aprox the lover deck- después era que insertar las cuadernas de los cañones.
en la imagen arriba, este barco No tiene doublé planking

In the directions for the ship I am building, it says that one of the first planks that I should lay is something called the "master plank". It directs me to install it "at a point some halfway down the hull and let it take up its natural position...". As a newbie to this craft, I'm not familiar with this term or concept.

Is this a thing? What can you tell me about it?

Dan
Are they referring to the wale? Some modelers place it first, then plank up to the sheer and then either up from the keel rabbet to the wale or down from the wale to the keel. One of the items that’s been suggested for you to study will explain the procedure.

In the directions for the ship I am building, it says that one of the first planks that I should lay is something called the "master plank". It directs me to install it "at a point some halfway down the hull and let it take up its natural position...". As a newbie to this craft, I'm not familiar with this term or concept.

Is this a thing? What can you tell me about it?

Dan

En cualquier web de modelísmo naval encontraras ejemplo. Es para asegurar que las cuadernas no se muevan cuando empieces el forro del casco. Saludos
This Plank based in the middle, is mainly a helping plank. in beginning to hold square the bulkheads. I did that, instead of inserting as early possible the decks, and thereby giving you problems during Riggen.

200-QUILLA-KEEL (1).jpg

63e68fc17a0cbbb5c5a237289e9e209d.jpg

051-FALSA QUILA CON CUERDERNAS-FALSE QUIL CON BULKHEADS (14).jpg

054-FALSA QUILA CON CUERDERNAS-FALSE QUIL CON BULKHEADS (25).jpg

252--PLANKING.jpg

241-PLANKING.jpg

274-PREPARATION FALSE KEEL.jpg

275--- FALSE KEEL STERN.jpg

606-TEMPORAL PLANK..jpg

612---HULL.jpg

Back