Lynx by Panart [Completed Build]

Correct decision, that you changed the material of the tiller. Plywood is not nice !!! It is already much better
But maybe you can optimize this scratch part further. In moment it is looking slightly outscaled
In my opinion the end is too high, f.e. compared to the capstan. If you recalculate the height with your scale, the end of the tiller is maybe at the height of 2 meter, so no seaman could handle it. and maybe you can still reduce the thickness of the tiller?
20220703_065806.jpg

Correct decision, that you changed the material of the tiller. Plywood is not nice !!! It is already much better
But maybe you can optimize this scratch part further. In moment it is looking slightly outscaled
In my opinion the end is too high, f.e. compared to the capstan. If you recalculate the height with your scale, the end of the tiller is maybe at the height of 2 meter, so no seaman could handle it. and maybe you can still reduce the thickness of the tiller?
View attachment 317039
Yeah uwek after looking at more and more. I'm going to change the pitch of it and bring it down some more and I definitely have some more refinement to do on it to make it thinner. She is a little fat around the edges.

Yeah uwek after looking at more and more. I'm going to change the pitch of it and bring it down some more and I definitely have some more refinement to do on it to make it thinner. She is a little fat around the edges.
Good morning Derek. That is a good call. I agree with the scratch tiller (never understand kit manufacturers making such important parts from ply). You need a sexy tiller for such a sexy ship like the Lynx. Cheers Grant

Good morning Derek. That is a good call. I agree with the scratch tiller (never understand kit manufacturers making such important parts from ply). You need a sexy tiller for such a sexy ship like the Lynx. Cheers Grant
Yeah grant I plan on making everything that is ply wood out of solid wood. Loke the top rails were plywood and I changed it to soild 2x5 strips.

All of the chain wall racks will be changed out I'll just use the plywood ones as a template. Same for the belay pin racks too.

I cant stand the plywood in these kits is almost as bad as them making pieces out of MDF boards.

Your upgrades look great! Are the rudder pintles and gutcheons kit-supplied or scratchbuilt?

Starting to get some of the furniture I'm the deck now. Gratings doing down nicely. Started on the belay pin racks. Changing the plywood out for solid wood instead. And finished getting the rudder in stalled. View attachment 317510View attachment 317511View attachment 317512View attachment 317513View attachment 317514View attachment 317515View attachment 317516
Good morning Derek. Coming along lovely- nice! Those grating frames look so cool. Well done. Cheers Grant

Back