Looking for round files 0.4 to 0.8 mm

Hi, guys. Thanks for a lot of great suggestions. I just received the tools I ordered from Aliexpress. Payed just a few dollars for them. By the way the benefit of diamond files is that they are made of stainless steel so are not as brittle as their expensive hardened carbon steel counterparts.

IMG_0518.jpeg

I would recommend these:

IMG_2205.png

I would recommend these:
Hi. Prosjules. Could you explain the meaning of the size numbers? I see sizes range from #6 to #40.

Hi. Prosjules. Could you explain the meaning of the size numbers? I see sizes range from #6 to #40.
Actually I just found on the web that #15 means 0.15 mm diameter on the file tip end. #40 - 0.40 mm. These files can be very useful working on wood. I will try them as well.

Actually I just found on the web that #15 means 0.15 mm diameter on the file tip end. #40 - 0.40 mm. These files can be very useful working on wood. I will try them as well.
I tried them. And a no go. These are made of stainless steel or titanium. Not the problem, they sand. But bend easily. I only use them now in a drill, that works fine or as reamer.

For many reasons, I am not a big fan of Dimomd files (of any shape). Their use is somehow limited to only brass PE parts, IMHO. They are not good for wood and metal as they glog the instrument. But...it is only my subjective opinion based on the usage.

For many reasons, I am not a big fan of Dimomd files (of any shape). Their use is somehow limited to only brass PE parts, IMHO. They are not good for wood and metal as they glog the instrument. But...it is only my subjective opinion based on the usage.
I agree, don't use them often. The real ones are to expensive and the payable are shitty to use.

Back