Le Soleil Royal ZHL Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

Yes, Gilbert. You are correct. The sail is made and the lines are added. I just have to finish getting the halyards and lifts attached. Then I can belay the lines. That’s today’s job. The Admiral and Ensign will start gluing the gun port lids to the hinges today, and I’ll work on the rudder. On Monday I’ll build the anchors. I’m hoping to be done by Tuesday. I only did one set of parrels because I ran out of time. I also didn’t put the wooden swoop called the billboard on the front. Maybe next time I’m up here.
Great team you have!!

I broke my rope while tying the block on. Then it unraveled on me and I had to reravel it. Now it’s much shorter than the rope on the other side and I have to have longer connecting rope going through the blocks. I don’t have time to redo both sides. It’s a good thing the lateen sail is in between. image.jpg

It feels like I’m building trout flies. I think my next hobby will be trout fishing. I gave up fishing a long time ago because it required too much patience. It can’t be any worse than building wooden ship models with rigging!image.jpg

I broke my rope while tying the block on. Then it unraveled on me and I had to reravel it. Now it’s much shorter than the rope on the other side and I have to have longer connecting rope going through the blocks. I don’t have time to redo both sides. It’s a good thing the lateen sail is in between. View attachment 323577
Except for the 5.8 million people you just told on the internet, no one will know. :D Not a major problem. I'd live with it.

It feels like I’m building trout flies. I think my next hobby will be trout fishing. I gave up fishing a long time ago because it required too much patience. It can’t be any worse than building wooden ship models with rigging!View attachment 323579
Wait a second! You gave up fly tying because THAT took too much patience? OMG.

ok thanks. I'll look into it.
The ones from ZHL look a little cheap.
I didn’t think ZHL supplied any. I didn’t much care for the ZHL Black Pearl sails. These are much better and not as stiff. Even though they’re made for a different company’s ship at a slightly different scale, they do pretty nicely. They’re a bit big, but I can adjust.

I didn’t think ZHL supplied any. I didn’t much care for the ZHL Black Pearl sails. These are much better and not as stiff. Even though they’re made for a different company’s ship at a slightly different scale, they do pretty nicely. They’re a bit big, but I can adjust.
Yeah ZHL do have some for sale but they look cheap.
I like yours much better.

Back