LE ROCHEFORT - Harbour yacht from 1787 1:36 by Tobias (Monograph by ANCRE)

Dear Tobias, this is magnificent work. The inner planking and overall finish of the interior carpentry is among the best I have ever seen. Chapeau my friend!

Hello Heinrich,
I have already responded to your post with a smiley, but I would still like to thank you again for the appreciative words, very much appreciated.

As announced, Le Rochefort will continue again in the following days. The plan is to stay with Le Rochfort until September.
The plan for the following months:
- Finishing the beams of the deck
- sanding and various work on the hull
- The planks on the starboard side
- Deck planking

So a lot of work, let's see if the plan holds up.

eZy Watermark_17-02-2024_08-05-43-6840PM.jpeg

The workshop is clean again and ready for Le Rochefort.

Hello Heinrich,
I have already responded to your post with a smiley, but I would still like to thank you again for the appreciative words, very much appreciated.

As announced, Le Rochefort will continue again in the following days. The plan is to stay with Le Rochfort until September.
The plan for the following months:
- Finishing the beams of the deck
- sanding and various work on the hull
- The planks on the starboard side
- Deck planking

So a lot of work, let's see if the plan holds up.

View attachment 428591

The workshop is clean again and ready for Le Rochefort.
Much appreciated my friend. That workshop of yours is an absolute pleasure to look at - it is ready for action!

As I already announced, I am back on the small harbor yacht Le Rochefort. The program shows the deck beams, which have further dovetail recesses on the left and right into which the water channel and the first floorboard are inserted. Some will now think, OMG why is he doing that if it won't be visible later, there will be an area that I will leave visible and secondly because it is indicated that way in the plans.

eZy Watermark_22-02-2024_06-51-08-5440PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_20-02-2024_07-47-37-1190PM.jpeg

To make these recesses: I prepared two small wooden blocks 5mm x7mm and twisted these wooden blocks depending on the angle. It is then milled 1 mm deep, 8 times per beam. It will probably take some time. All recesses are also milled into the beams.

eZy Watermark_22-02-2024_06-56-41-7630PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_22-02-2024_06-58-24-0210PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_22-02-2024_09-50-43-9680PM.jpeg

Witaj
Zgadzam się z kolegami kawał dobrej roboty Tobiaszu .Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
I agree with my colleagues a great job Tobias .Regards Mirek

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello dear friends, thank you very much for your visit and your interest.

Not much news at the moment, the milling of the beams is taking up a lot of time, in the last few days I've been busy milling the teeth for 2-3 hours, yay I've done 1/3. I noticed that I haven't nailed the beam walkway on both sides yet, another 148 nails. I had to make a second mast guide because a piece broke off while I was milling. Well, time flies and you don't see much

eZy Watermark_25-02-2024_04-45-50-1810PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_25-02-2024_06-34-22-1120PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_28-02-2024_07-58-57-0670PM.jpeg

Hello dear friends, thank you very much for your visit and your interest.

Not much news at the moment, the milling of the beams is taking up a lot of time, in the last few days I've been busy milling the teeth for 2-3 hours, yay I've done 1/3. I noticed that I haven't nailed the beam walkway on both sides yet, another 148 nails. I had to make a second mast guide because a piece broke off while I was milling. Well, time flies and you don't see much

View attachment 431502

View attachment 431503

View attachment 431504
As usual: very nice work, Tonias. Very nice joints on the beams!
Regards, Peter

Witaj
Tobiaszu każdy z nas się irytuje że te efekty naszej pracy przychodzą powoli ale to jest naprawdę nieważne najważniejszy jest efekt jaki osiągasz a jest on super. Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
Tobias, each of us is irritated that the results of our work come slowly, but it really doesn't matter, the most important thing is the effect you achieve, and it is great. Regards, Mirek

Many thanks @Peter Voogt @dockattner @Steef66 @Mirek @OlivierF for your comments and they all get likes.

Over the last few evenings I have been able to work away a few things and the beam construction is finished. Nothing has been glued yet and some small adjustments still need to be made.

eZy Watermark_03-03-2024_05-20-01-8260PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_03-03-2024_04-30-06-2170PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_03-03-2024_05-18-26-8490PM.jpeg

Next on the program are the pumps and the doors of the pump house with all the metal work.

Witaj
Tobiasz został mistrzem w frezowaniu, pięknie zrobione belki brawo . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hello
Tobias has become a master in milling, beautifully done beams bravo . Greetings Mirek

Back