Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by Adi

And now for the interior planking 1Q and 1S. If I hadn't seen the work of my predecessors, I would have puzzled for a long time what the strange planks of 1Q were about. Poul started from the top and achieved quite a good result. Since I already used 1O from the bottom, I had to continue from the bottom like Uwe and Chello also. it won't work without stealers, and if it has to be that way, I'll start right at the bottom. Maybe with an additional plank the numbers of stealers can be kept low.
To narrow down the problem, I started planking the bottom and top at the same time. It worked, a 7th plank was added. The white dot.

View attachment 217844View attachment 217845

The installation of the parts 1S was than but a little easier.

View attachment 217846
Great start on your build! Why don’t you need to alternate laying planks on the inside like needs to be done when planking the hull on the outside (e.g. one side then the opposite side)?

Great start on your build! Why don’t you need to alternate laying planks on the inside like needs to be done when planking the hull on the outside (e.g. one side then the opposite side)?
I think this is due to the POF design, so that there is hardly any warping of the fuselage. In addition, it was planned from the outset to leave one side of the hull at least partially open in order to have a view of the interior and the frames.

Adi - nice presentation on your sail making and very informative on the procedure. The stitching was a real
lesson regarding proper sewing techniques as applied to a 1:48 model. Also, does this apply to all ship model
builds in 1:48 scale or only to the model you are building? Nice work - enjoyed! Best, wayne

Adi - nice presentation on your sail making and very informative on the procedure. The stitching was a real
lesson regarding proper sewing techniques as applied to a 1:48 model. Also, does this apply to all ship model
builds in 1:48 scale or only to the model you are building? Nice work - enjoyed! Best, wayne
Hi Wayne, for scale reasons, this should apply to all 1:48 scale models and for smaller ones of course.

Many thanks for all likes and comments, I was very pleased.
The finished sail was slightly refinished in color and the contours were emphasized with a pencil.
Now it was time to hang up the first piece of laundry, the jib sail, properly.

View attachment 392105

View attachment 392106

View attachment 392107

View attachment 392108

View attachment 392109

View attachment 392110

View attachment 392111

View attachment 392112
Hi Adi, I think I’ll need to show that to my wife, it’s beyond me, excellently made. Ken

This is a fantastic set of sails. I love the approach and the results are very nice.

Question: any particular reason for the PONAL water resistant Glue (compare to regular PVA)? are you using 50% dilution? When gluing at overlap, are you using diluted glue too?

Will make my sails using your approach... Liking it a lot!

This is a fantastic set of sails. I love the approach and the results are very nice.

Question: any particular reason for the PONAL water resistant Glue (compare to regular PVA)? are you using 50% dilution? When gluing at overlap, are you using diluted glue too?

Will make my sails using your approach... Liking it a lot!
PONAL water resistant glue can be diluted with water during processing, I used a 20 -30% dilution. After drying out, moisture can no longer harm him.

When gluing the overlaps, I use the undiluted glue.

Last edited:
Back