Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by Adi

Gute Besserung, Adi! Wow that mizzen has quite a rake to it, doesn’t it? The degree of slant seems very angled to the rear. And I’ve never built or even noticed a ship where the top mast is located aft of the lower mast. Is that a peculiarity of your ship, or have you seen it in others as well?

Thank you all for your likes and comments. Today I come with the standing rigging on the mizzen mast.

I was somewhat slowed down by pending vein operation but am now completely well again.

View attachment 383278

View attachment 383279

View attachment 383280

View attachment 383281

View attachment 383282

View attachment 383283

View attachment 383284

View attachment 383285
Dear Eddie
I'm Glad to hear you are recovering !
You do an excellent and beautiful job on the mast and ropes. Well done

Gute Besserung, Adi! Wow that mizzen has quite a rake to it, doesn’t it? The degree of slant seems very angled to the rear. And I’ve never built or even noticed a ship where the top mast is located aft of the lower mast. Is that a peculiarity of your ship, or have you seen it in others as well?
Thank you for the wishes. I think this mast constellation is typical for a Lugger and can be seen very nicely on Boudriot's drawings.

Take a look at the planset review of the Lugger Le Coureur by Jean Boudriot

2 (1).JPG

These masts and sails are making this model extremely attractive - so much "cloth" for this little ship

Dear Adi. It has been quite some time since my last visit - and oh boy - what wonderful work you are doing here. The Luger looks stunning and reaffirms my affinity for this not-so-little, little ship. Yours is a beauty!

Dear friends, thank you for the likes and comments. I am now getting into sail production. At first I planned to make the sails out of tissue paper, like my gaff sloop. After careful consideration, I decided to go for cotton batiste. For scale reasons, sewing the sails is out of the question for me, because in 19th century the stitch width was between 9 and 13 mm. Transferred to the scale of 1:48, the stitch width would be 0,20 - 0,25 mm, which would be 4 to 5 stitches per millimeter!
So only gluing comes into question. This also applies to hems, doubles, reef tapes and bolt-ropes.

A piece of cotton batiste is cut to size, dipped in glue water mixture and then hung to dry. After drying, cut 12 mm wide strips from the cloth with a really sharp scalpel and then glue them to each other with 2 mm overlap. Then glue the doubles and the bolt-rope. For the placement of the eyelets I use a very thin rubber thread.

Coureur_20230720_1.jpg

Coureur_20230720_2.jpg

Coureur_20230721_1.jpg

Coureur_20230721_2.jpg

Coureur_20230727_1.jpg

Coureur_20230816_1.jpg

Coureur_20230816_2.jpg

Coureur_20230816_3.jpg

Back