Launch of the ship "Twelve Apostles" in 1:48, Master Korabel [COMPLETED BUILD]

Round platform for the carronade.

DSC_7236.JPG

A great advantage of this kit is that you can model any possible situation and put your carronade in different positions (all the photos below are by Master Korabel):

1) On the bows. It's possible only without rigging:

13_3756.jpg

2) Astern (only without rigging too):

16_3759.jpg

3) Amidships:

34_3830.jpg

4) And in transport position (under sails, especially in bad weather):

photo_2022-06-05_17-57-48.jpg

It's been a long break, but it's over :) I added more small metal details in the bulwark and spent a lot of time making the 20 oars.

View attachment 366790View attachment 366791
Good morning Vladimir. Good to see some more of your work. That is a lot of oars. Did you make these from a length of wood on a lathe? If so do you shape the blade of the oar last? I have some to make later and am interested in the process. Awesome work as always. Cheers Grant

Hello Grant and thank you. My technology is a bit different.
1) The oars' shape is laser-cut:

DSC_7252.jpg

2) First I remove the excessive thickness of the shaft and the blade with sandpaper, and form the blade's profile.

sch.jpg

3) And then I round the shaft by hand with a knife this way:

DSC_7255.jpg

Since I'm afraid it's too thin for lathe (only 1.5 mm). The same for the handle.

Hello Grant and thank you. My technology is a bit different.
1) The oars' shape is laser-cut:

View attachment 366892

2) First I remove the excessive thickness of the shaft and the blade with sandpaper, and form the blade's profile.

View attachment 366900

3) And then I round the shaft by hand with a knife this way:

View attachment 366901

Since I'm afraid it's too thin for lathe (only 1.5 mm). The same for the handle.
Good morning Vladimir. Thanks for this. I appreciate the help. Cheers Grant

Hi all,
I decided to bring some diversity in my work, and instead of finishing the hull took to the masting. All the masts and spars don't have their metal details yet. For making them I used the same technology as for the oars. Sadly, I have broken the gaff, so now I need to order a new part and wait for it, o maybe I'll try to do it myself.

DSC_7378.JPG

Very interesting and beautiful indeed.
So far your excellent work is outstanding and it will be a gorgeous model once finished.
Thank you for sharing your work with us.

Back