Launch of the ship "Twelve Apostles" in 1:48, Master Korabel [COMPLETED BUILD]

The first plank is the most difficult to install. First, because all the other planking depends on it. Second, because the glue must be applied only on the tight zone marked by laser:

DSC_7168.JPG

The template helps a lot here.

DSC_7169.JPG

DSC_7170.JPG

DSC_7171.JPG

Well, now I take a little break to celebrate the New Year. Happy 2023 to everybody!

Last edited:
Sunkiausia montuoti pirmąją lentą. Pirma, nes nuo to priklauso visa kita lentų danga. Antra, kadangi klijus reikia tepti tik ant tankios zonos, pažymėtos lazeriu:

View attachment 348462

Šablonas čia labai padeda. Atkreipkite dėmesį, kad į šabloną įterpiamos tik lentos galūnės, visa kita eina per jį.

View attachment 348464

View attachment 348465

View attachment 348466

Na, o dabar aš darau mažą pertraukėlę švęsti Naujųjų metų. Linksmų 2023 metų visiems!
Happy new year

Back to work.
Usually I heat the planks with a soldering iron to make the glue set more quickly. First I thought this method would be too risky for the plastic jig - but no, it resists perfectly to the heating. It's enough to be careful and to avoid a direct contact between the iron and the jig. However, it's better to give shape to any plank before glueing, so the process takes a bit longer.

DSC_7172.JPG

Back