im giving up on this

At this point, I think the OP is more fixated on building his anger than actually seriously looking for any assistance. We all understand the frustration that sometimes comes with working on a build, and because of that we try to assist others when they reach out. Many of us have done exactly that... made offers to assist, as well as provide suggestions by which he could obtain better results. However, now that he's appeared to have ghosted the thread, I think Elvis has left the building. As the old saying goes, "you can't coach where there's no demand".
There are those who don't have the patience to teach themselves over time, particularly with a model ship project that requires a long term and dedicated commitment in order to see it completed, in spite of mistakes along the way.

I had a Constitution I was building that got screwed up in a move..(bilkheads and keel, posts ect.) I requested the needed parts from Model-Expo and they supplied them without any issue..I then saw I needed other parts as well and I begged them to let me pay for them, no go...They are by far the best company I have ever dealt with...I only wish they sold cars too !!!!! Customer for life....

Hello Bluefish,
I have to get something off my chest.
I have just read your post. I can very much understand your thoughts and the frustration associated with them. I think every model builder knows this (unfortunately) well enough.
If you often read and study models and reports from world-class models and model builders, you naturally want to be able to work just as perfectly and see results. This should also be your personal goal at some point. But...you must not forget the following. After many years, everyone here has developed into what they are today. Professionally, technically and mentally. That doesn't happen from one day to the next. There is a lot of patience, motivation, frustration, setbacks and so on behind it. This is normal and in retrospect it helps you in your personal development. A second important point is that YOU are never alone with your problems here in the forum, in the community. Everyone here is behind you with help and advice. And the most important thing is that our hobby should be fun and enjoyable. There are no envious people or colleagues here who are happy when a member has problems. On the contrary. You don't have to set your own bar too high. Allow yourself to develop and don't run away when problems arise.
Allow there to be problems and have fun and patience with our hobby. You will see how proud you will be of your model, no matter what result you achieve. Do not compare your model with other results.
Forgive me for these lines. But it burned in my soul. Never give up!
Have fun and we would all be happy to hear your report.

where can I buy few false keels and bulwark albatross made by occa i misplaced them i have no luck with occa

We are a small team and is very hard to keep up with calls. But you can always reach us at info@modelexpo-online.com
It is hard to imagine a hobby shop getting inundated with phone calls but if so, then kudos to your operation....it is really a blessing for the phone to be ringing off the hook. I own a company and we have a customer service staff of 5. Each person can handle about 20 calls per hour or 150 calls per day. Obviously, this will vary from business to business and the nature of the product. However, as a business owner, I would suggest a couple of things:

1)If you don't want or can't provide customer service by phone.....don't offer it. Not a big fan, but many companies today simply don't offer it and only provide online customer service. Nothing is more frustrating to a customer than to call a number you provided, only to be ignored and not get through.

2)Use CRM software. Many have free or lite versions. LiveAgent is a great free app where customer data, questions, problems, etc. can be gathered, tracked, assigned to team members, and followed up on quickly and accurately....I promise it will streamline your operation and help you "keep up with the calls".

Remember, you are not selliing widgets, you are dealing with people and their passions......

It is hard to imagine a hobby shop getting inundated with phone calls but if so, then kudos to your operation....it is really a blessing for the phone to be ringing off the hook. I own a company and we have a customer service staff of 5. Each person can handle about 20 calls per hour or 150 calls per day. Obviously, this will vary from business to business and the nature of the product. However, as a business owner, I would suggest a couple of things:

1)If you don't want or can't provide customer service by phone.....don't offer it. Not a big fan, but many companies today simply don't offer it and only provide online customer service. Nothing is more frustrating to a customer than to call a number you provided, only to be ignored and not get through.

2)Use CRM software. Many have free or lite versions. LiveAgent is a great free app where customer data, questions, problems, etc. can be gathered, tracked, assigned to team members, and followed up on quickly and accurately....I promise it will streamline your operation and help you "keep up with the calls".

Remember, you are not selliing widgets, you are dealing with people and their passions......
Wow Gene,

I think you're being a little tough there.
Firstly, they are not just a "hobby shop", they are the kit manufacturer.
Secondly, if you've ever done anything on the hobby industry, you would know that their margins are very close.
Third, you can see comments above that state that others have had no issue with them and Model Shipways has been wonderful to deal with.

I can't imagine that in all the calls your company has taken, there is not one customer that was not satisfied (if you think all your customers are happy, you probably have blinders on).

I give Model SHipways major kudos for reaching out on this forum and trying to fix the issue.

Jeff

I would be in favor of all sides calming down again. I am also sure that the problem will soon be solved. As always, I am more than satisfied with Model SHipways and have been for many years.
So don't "boil up" the subject. That doesn't help anyone. Stay objective. Analyze and solve the problem together.

Thank you for the inputs, Sir. I'll take this subject to the team. It's really an issue we've been struggling with...

Wow Gene,

I think you're being a little tough there.
Firstly, they are not just a "hobby shop", they are the kit manufacturer.
Secondly, if you've ever done anything on the hobby industry, you would know that their margins are very close.
Third, you can see comments above that state that others have had no issue with them and Model Shipways has been wonderful to deal with.

I can't imagine that in all the calls your company has taken, there is not one customer that was not satisfied (if you think all your customers are happy, you probably have blinders on).

I give Model SHipways major kudos for reaching out on this forum and trying to fix the issue.

Jeff
Thank you Sir! Yes, we re always available, sometimes not in the speed the customer wants, and not on the phone. But we can always be reached via email which we hardly miss any interactions.

And we stand behind the kits we manufacture, even supplying parts in case they get lost or damaged.

Thank you Sir! Yes, we re always available, sometimes not in the speed the customer wants, and not on the phone. But we can always be reached via email which we hardly miss any interactions.

And we stand behind the kits we manufacture, even supplying parts in case they get lost or damaged.
I believe you….and for the record, I have always gotten great service and products from you guys….i am glad we have folks like you in the hobby.

ok ty, and im not happy with occa do you know a model kit comes with instructions.

Back