HMS Thorn. Scratch build Swan class following the books written by David Antscherl and Greg Herbert

Don't you dare get sawdust into heaven's libation.
On the other hand, given the object of celebration and your location, wouldn't rum be more appropriate.
Congrogulations on excellent work

Congratulations for reaching this status - Very good work !!

Its actually a bottle of Angostura’s finest rum, blended in 1999 formthe com-anies 175th anniversary. Its bottle #5 of 5
My ignorance is again highlighted. Your work deserved the best.
Coincidently, my son introduced me to Plantation rum recently. A positive change from Scotland's holy tipple.

Avoid my mistake. Check thickness at top of ribs before completing inner and outer planking. Otherwise the planksheer will be too narrow.

An actual horseshoe clamp taken from the wreck of the HMS Janus. She sank in 1800 off Trinidad. This was given to me earlier this year by a commercial diver Robert Stauble who knew of my interest in out marine history. Notice how rough the casting is. Makes one wonder if it ws recessed or just bolted flat against the keel and the hull. Its 33 1/4“ wide, 22” high, the width of the cast is 3 1/2” and its 3/4” thick. The holes are 1 1/2” wide and there are 7 holes to take the bronze pins.

F667EF92-6E8C-4E69-8361-D45280F7CCF2.jpeg

Back