to be continued .... many thanks for your interest

Witaj
poprostu pięknie
Pozdrawiam Mirek

Welcome
just beautiful
Regards Mirek

I'm catching up with this, too.
This wood looks gorgeous and of course Your buildings skills are just adding to the beauty of the wood.
This is a very interesting model, i may keep an eye out for when it's available again.

Hi Uwe,

That construction looks ridged enough to really fire that mortar. I see some pyro experimenting on the horizon. :cool:

Ps it seems the chinese boxwood is a different one then the european. In China they mainly have buxus microphylla where the european boxwood is buxus sempervirens. Do you notice differences in the wood or is the wood equal?
In the pictures it really looks sublime, but this is ofcourse also due too your work :cool:

@Maarten I can tel you the difference between Chinese and European boxwood. There is not much difference between them, but when you put them next to eachother, you will notice they are different. The chinese is less solid. Feels light when you hold it. I got here a few pieces and use them only for straight cut things. Like the spool holder on my serving tool. The Europeanen version is better for carving. It is a better quality. More solid. But still the Chinese boxwood is okay to use. You can order it on Aliexpress, look for knife handle.

I'm catching up with this, too.
This wood looks gorgeous and of course Your buildings skills are just adding to the beauty of the wood.
This is a very interesting model, i may keep an eye out for when it's available again.
Due to the fact, that I am in contact with Tom from CAF, I can make here in our forum an anouncement, when I get the info of a re-edition

Gosch! That looks really good, metal has been blackened so nicely. What did you use for blackening?
Hallo,
I like this type also very much, often it comes out like blue-steel - I am using most often (and also here) the material from Ballistol - usually used by gunsmiths
Ballistol.jpg
We made once already the research and found out, that this blackening fluids are not available directly from Ballistol in Northern America ....

Hi Uwe,

That construction looks ridged enough to really fire that mortar. I see some pyro experimenting on the horizon. :cool:

Ps it seems the chinese boxwood is a different one then the european. In China they mainly have buxus microphylla where the european boxwood is buxus sempervirens. Do you notice differences in the wood or is the wood equal?
In the pictures it really looks sublime, but this is ofcourse also due too your work :cool:
The european boxwood is much better for carving, than this one. The density of european is higher.
But for structures like the wooden wall elements of the Granado this kind of wood is beautiful to work with. You get a very smooth and closed surface, very sharp and accurate edges and still the small section model is getting really heavy compared to other woods. and also very stiff.
I can really recommend this type of wood, although I like pear and Elsbeere very much by the colour.....
Not to produce here a misunderstanding: This chinese boxwood will be much better for carving than any cherry or pear wood, but the european is even better.

Many Thanks to @Steef66 for the additional information

The Chinese boxwood looks great, and I prefer it to Cherry wood which is supplied in the full hull Granado.
The Chinese boxwood is off course much more expensive by the raw material in comparison with Cherry, and I guess also the cnc milling will take more time, because it is much harder.
So with this the full hull model would be more expensive for the customer - but where a demand is, there will be also a market ...

Hi Uwe!
Will you leave the mortar so shiny or do you dim it?

Radek
Hallo Radek,
the shiny surface is mainly caused by the lights in my workshop - in reality it is looking better similat to real muzzles, which you can see at museums
But maybe, if necessary there will be the possibility with grafite powder or simialr.....
Many Thanks for your interest

working further on the mortar pit .....

IMG-8376.jpg

inside of the pit bulkhead octagon several removable boards have to be installed, which will be later on the base for the removable roofs. These are on the long side the 2 times part "4", 2 time "5" and at the short side on exach side the "6". The two roofs will lay on the top of parts 5 and 6 - and you can see, that there is a small step, that the top is not at the same level. This is caused by a small mistake in the kit, the parts "4" are 2mm too high. Tom from Caf was already informed by myself, so he will adjust this in the next batch of kits

IMG-8928.jpg

IMG-8930.jpg

Here you can see the mortar sitting inside the pit "non active" -> for "ready for action" the elements inside the pit have to be removed, so that the mortar can rotate

IMG-8933.jpg

In the following you can see, that the elements "4" are already shortened by the 2mm, also the side covers on one side are prepared

IMG-8937.jpg

IMG-8938.jpg

IMG-8939.jpg

IMG-8940.jpg

IMG-8941.jpg

the side covers received the eyelets for lifting

IMG-8947.jpg

IMG-8945.jpg

Many Thanks for your interest ---- to be continued .....

working further on the mortar pit .....

View attachment 288213

inside of the pit bulkhead octagon several removable boards have to be installed, which will be later on the base for the removable roofs. These are on the long side the 2 times part "4", 2 time "5" and at the short side on exach side the "6". The two roofs will lay on the top of parts 5 and 6 - and you can see, that there is a small step, that the top is not at the same level. This is caused by a small mistake in the kit, the parts "4" are 2mm too high. Tom from Caf was already informed by myself, so he will adjust this in the next batch of kits

View attachment 288203

View attachment 288204

Here you can see the mortar sitting inside the pit "non active" -> for "ready for action" the elements inside the pit have to be removed, so that the mortar can rotate

View attachment 288205

In the following you can see, that the elements "4" are already shortened by the 2mm, also the side covers on one side are prepared

View attachment 288206

View attachment 288207

View attachment 288208

View attachment 288209

View attachment 288210

the side covers received the eyelets for lifting

View attachment 288212

View attachment 288211

Many Thanks for your interest ---- to be continued .....
Hello Uwek, is this the offending area? Thank you

IMG-8928.jpg

Hello Uwek, is this the offending area? Thank you
Yes - the red marked difference of 2mm
these 2mm (red marks) have to be removed from the part 4 (and not 5) along the length - from the bottom

IMG-8928.jpg

once more here in green the area which have to be removed - here it will be also clear why at part 4 and not 5, the notch for the small carling for the covers have to move down, so, that they are on the same level (blue marks)

IMG-8908aa.jpg

as mentioned already, easy to correct, it is only necessary to know and understand - the new kits will be already corrected

Yes - the red marked difference of 2mm
these 2mm (red marks) have to be removed from the part 4 (and not 5) along the length - from the bottom

View attachment 288219

once more here in green the area which have to be removed - here it will be also clear why at part 4 and not 5, the notch for the small carling for the covers have to move down, so, that they are on the same level (blue marks)

View attachment 288220

as mentioned already, easy to correct, it is only necessary to know and understand - the new kits will be already corrected
Thanks for your answer

Back