HMS Fly (Amati) 1:64 Robertd [COMPLETED BUILD]

She is looking splendid, Robert and the rigging is coming along very nicely. This really looks like Amati did their homework on this one.

Completed the Fore Topmast Shrouds as per ‘Rigging Period Ship Models’ the top gallant shrouds will be next , and of course the rat lines .

View attachment 343796

View attachment 343797
Good morning Robert. Great shrouds. That reference book you have looks awesome- clear illustrations. Those catharpins. They are an interesting experience when you get there (well for me). I did find that “less is more” when tying off off to the shrouds. Stunning Fly you are building. Cheers Grant

Good morning Robert. That view! Makes me feel like I’m on holiday. The Fly just looks lovely there. Very nice. Cheers Grant
Stunning view isn’t it , We are NE facing and get the morning sun , in the afternoon sets to the west or left on the photo’s so ideal for entertaining outside without getting burned , lots of yachting around here and clubs , RPAYC nearby with prominent members previously participating in the America’s Cup , as an ex Mariner I feel at home here

Stunning view isn’t it , We are NE facing and get the morning sun , in the afternoon sets to the west or left on the photo’s so ideal for entertaining outside without getting burned , lots of yachting around here and clubs , RPAYC nearby with prominent members previously participating in the America’s Cup , as an ex Mariner I feel at home here
Stunning Robert. Summer in Cape Town as well. I do think SA and Aus are blessed with so much in scenery and lifestyle. I’m in Hout bay at present taking my staff on the yacht ( motorised) and we do count our blessings. Cheers Grant. PS - love the pic of your Fly at night

Back