HMS Endeavour - Build log

the instructions give you a visual of the ship from the port side with lines, red for standing and blue for running rigging, one of the pictures is from above the deck looking down and has the code for the line ending at a rail behind the foremast, there are no belaying pins, cleats or anything to which those lines are affixed, and probably an experienced builder would know that, but I am not. And as I look at the instructions further there are several rails that are the same. So, what is the answer to that, are they just wrapped around the rail like you tie up a horse at a hitching post? RobertK

thank you, I just started rigging at this involves the standing rigging around the foremast, anything related to that may help, RobertK.

I don't know of anywhere on a ship that lines are tied like a horse to a hitching post. I'm 99% sure it would be a pin rail with belaying pins. Like line "J34", that should be to a belaying pin.

Gracias, acabo de empezar a aparejar, esto implica aparejo fijo alrededor del mástil de trinquete, cualquier cosa relacionada con eso puede ayudar, RobertK.
Te respondere lo antes posible, pero my mujer el proxims miercoles va a tener una operacion de un tumer en cabesa, so nada de nada de Navidad etc. en todos los casos la informacion esta aqui. yo he hecho varias publicaciones iguales que otras
Lo tengo tode del Riggen in Ingless or in Español tambien

gracias, for the information, it will be helpful. As I look ahead at the rigging instructions there are two rails, one behind the foremast and the other behind the main mast, these rails have no belaying pins or anything, just rails, and according to the Occre rigging diagram there about 15 lines ending there, this poses a problem. I have reviewed the building instructions and have not missed anything, I think Occre has. Roberts.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

gracias por la informacion sera de gran ayuda. Mientras miro hacia adelante en las instrucciones de aparejo, hay dos rieles, uno detrás del mástil de trinquete y el otro detrás del mástil principal, estos rieles no tienen pasadores de aseguramiento ni nada, solo rieles, y según el diagrama de aparejo de Occre hay unas 15 líneas que terminan allí. , esto plantea un problema. He revisado las instrucciones de construcción y no me he perdido nada, creo que a Occre sí. Roberts.
gracias. ¿Una pregunta? hablas americano-uk. ?
Tengo el Riggen completo tanto en ES como en UK. segunda me puedes mandar tu problema por What-UP o de mi correo electrónico: peandersen1098@gmail.com. Tengo Messinger tambien- Telecom.
um saludo

Now it would be good to your work and your model :cool:

This is my first post of my log. I am three years into this build and have started rigging about two months ago. As you will see I have my shrouds, ratlines and stays up. I obtained a used copy of Lennarth Petterson's book on rigging which has be very helpful. I have also discontinued using Occre's thread which is too fuzzy. I also need to improve my photos. As I have progressed I have also seen areas where I need to improve my technique, such as fastening a block to a spar. I have had several come undone and had to retie them. Another issue that I will have is that as I followed the instructions in the order they were given, I now see that that will create problems in the future. For example, blocks that have already been affixed to a mast or spar, at some point I will need to attach a line to run from it, and it is much for difficult to affix that line when the block is already attached. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Robert

IMG_7103.JPGDSCN9304.JPGDSCN9300.JPGIMG_7095.JPGDSCN9306.JPGDSCN9308.JPG

no new pictures to post, but I have completed the, and excuse me if I use the wrong term, shrouds, ratlines, stays, lifts and am ready to put the spritsail and spritsail topsail on. the rigging has gone faster than I thought, even though I found myself retying many of the blocks I had put on when I was putting up the masts as per the instructions, but now I will have to think that through in my next build. RobertK.

Back