HMS Endeavour - Build log

Hi all. not a new builder but am confused. I am building the HMS Endeavour from Occre great model but the rigging instructions leaves a lot to be desired i seem to be lost on the bow. part J17 seems to go to cleats on one plan but another shows it going to block and tackle, placed i have no idea
Any one with a clue to help me

Welcome.
Maybe a few pictures of the question could help us answer

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hi all. not a new builder but am confused. I am building the HMS Endeavour from Occre great model but the rigging instructions leaves a lot to be desired i seem to be lost on the bow. part J17 seems to go to cleats on one plan but another shows it going to block and tackle, placed i have no idea
Any one with a clue to help me
Hallo @mickgrace
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @mickgrace
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Hi, I have the complete riggen instruction. as well as the complete build, but it is too big -PDF - to be attached, so could you please send me your problems, so I can help you? Riggen was my force when building. I build Endeavour about 1994 -96. a 50-year birthday gith- el capi

Hi, I have the complete riggen instruction. as well as the complete build, but it is too big -PDF - to be attached, so could you please send me your problems, so I can help you? Riggen was my force when building. I built Endeavour about 1994 -96. at my 50-year birthday, as a gift.

Hi, I am Robert, started modeling plastic about 15 years ago then switched to wood, 1st was a long boat, then Benjamin Latham schooner, and now HMS Endeavour from Occre and just started rigging. After doing the shrouds and ratlines decided to switch the chord to Syrens' which is less frayed. Already seeing some issues with Occres' instructions regarding the rigging and my lack of knowledge. That's all. Robert

Welcome aboard SOS, Robert! Just post a question that you have trouble with. Alternatively, you may consider to start your build log. This way, you can post images and related questions. BTW, it is not necessary to start from the beginning. You can start from the current stage. What do you think?

Here goes. After three years I have completed the structure and rigged the shrouds and ratlines. This is an Occre model. The plans and supplies were easy to follow along (this is my third build, first was a long boat then fishing schooner). The first item was to replace the line provided with line from Syren. Occre's was to fibrous. I now realize that the instructions provided are not clear for me to follow, and I need to gather more info before I can confidently begin. I have several references, The Rigging of Ships, which is precedes this ship and another one coming soon by Lennarth Patterson, which I believe is more visual. And then I came across this forum and hope I can gain info from it. So I will provide some visual pictures of my progress in the future. RobertK

Back