HMS ALERT 1777 cutter POF by shota70 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hallo my dear friend - I hope you did not prepare all of these takles like shown in the macro?!?!
Unfortunately you have to turn the double block by 180°

View attachment 396757 View attachment 396758

For comparison I copied once more Jims sketch - sorry to mention
My Dear friend, I thank you for your comment and attention to details, this is how we learn and improving :).
Happily, the repair will be carried out without much effort because the hooks were built so that they can be changed relatively easily, it will be handled in the coming days.
Hope to see you next year at one of the conferences that are planned

Last edited:
Hello Shota your cannons look very impressive. Could you tell or show how you did the rolled ropes. Double sided tape or some other method?
Much, much better! Great job, my friend. I am glad you chose to re-do!!
Dear friends, please accept my thanks for the support, compliments, likes, smileys and instructive comments. It gives me strength to enjoy and grow in a hobby that unites and connects us

Last edited:
Hello dear friends
There is no significant progress that can be updated,

I would like to use this diary to expand the exposure to two requests that I published this week that allow me to help & advise to friends in my country on issues related to our hobby.
Any assistance will be welcomed !

thanks to those who have already responded
I am happy to announce that as a result of a modest advertisement on Facebook among groups dealing with model and tree artists in my country, our group has increased by more than 60%, the group now consists of 20 people. I believe that in the future more good people will join us.
As part of the camaraderie of the founders of the group as well as under the influence of our forum shipsofscale.com, we accept and help the new members (who are Experienced in the hobby). Some of them did not know about the forum and the group that I organize in my country, so I Trying to connect them to us. I believe that most of the new members will soon also join the forum out of understanding the benefit of activity in a friendly and supportive group. this is my mission in the last few years.

‏good evening dear friends
After weeks of meticulous work on the gun carriages including all the required equipment and components, as well as correcting mistakes and inaccuracies that I was privileged to learn from the comments of the members here.
I am happy to announce that today I was able to install the first of the 12 carts. :D :cool:
I would like to clarify that I decided to install a partial deck under the cart and under the rear rope winder, the intention is to give the same height to all parts, while maintaining a respectable configuration.
I admit that it was not my day, I felt like I was working like an "elephant in a china shop" = many breakdowns and breakages including self-stabbing my thumb with a tweezers that I pressed too hard.
In addition to that, the installation was not easy for me because of the small size of the parts and the small work area into which the cannon cart fits.
Finally after about 4 hours of work including additional browning of the cannon using a fine brush, I was satisfied with the result.
The lessons that achieve from the produced today, will be incorporated into the work process of the following carts.
Until then, I wish us a good and blessed week
20230930_155340.jpg20230930_182324.jpg20230930_182353.jpg20230930_182418.jpg20230930_182711.jpg20230930_182810.jpg20230930_184111.jpg

After weeks of meticulous work on the gun carriages including all the required equipment and components, as well as correcting mistakes and inaccuracies that I was privileged to learn from the comments of the members here.
I am happy to announce that today I was able to install the first of the 12 carts. :D :cool:
I would like to clarify that I decided to install a partial deck under the cart and under the rear rope winder, the intention is to give the same height to all parts, while maintaining a respectable configuration.

I admit that it was not my day, I felt like I was working like an "elephant in a china shop" = many breakdowns and breakages including self-stabbing my thumb with a tweezers that I pressed too hard.
In addition to that, the installation was not easy for me because of the small size of the parts and the small work area into which the cannon cart fits.
Finally after about 4 hours of work including additional browning of the cannon using a fine brush, I was satisfied with the result.
The lessons that achieve from the produced today, will be incorporated into the work process of the following carts.
View attachment 397670View attachment 397671View attachment 397672View attachment 397673View attachment 397674View attachment 397675View attachment 397676
Stuff of nightmares, definitely.
But progress has been made after battling those cannons, good work, Shota.

View attachment 397670View attachment 397671View attachment 397672View attachment 397673View attachment 397674View attachment 397675View attachment 397676
Good morning Shota. Building and fitting cannons are crazy frustrating. I share your pain (literally and figuratively ;) ) as it is my current project as well. Man, there is not much space for you to work with at the bulkhead area of that cannon. Cheers Grant

Good morning Shota. Building and fitting cannons are crazy frustrating. I share your pain (literally and figuratively ;) ) as it is my current project as well. Man, there is not much space for you to work with at the bulkhead area of that cannon. Cheers Grant
my dear friend, thanks for the kind words and spurting :) good luck for both of us

Dear Shota. Two things: First off, I think the cannons look very good. Secondly, I want to applaud your efforts in growing our sport/hobby in your country - it is admirable to say the least. With regards to a quality kit, I can highly recommend the Bluenose POF model of which I have delivered more than 60 kits on behalf of YuanQing. In addition to that, there is also the group build on SOS that will be of great help to new members. If you are interested, I am more than happy to assist you.

Dear Shota. Two things: First off, I think the cannons look very good. Secondly, I want to applaud your efforts in growing our sport/hobby in your country - it is admirable to say the least. With regards to a quality kit, I can highly recommend the Bluenose POF model of which I have delivered more than 60 kits on behalf of YuanQing. In addition to that, there is also the group build on SOS that will be of great help to new members. If you are interested, I am more than happy to assist you.
thank you very much my dear friend :)

Wonderful Shota! This is wonderful work! I simply love the platforms you have created for the carriages.
Great looking ship. I particularly like that part of the deck is opened so that you can see inside. Certainly enhances the look of the ship
my dear friend's,
thanks for your support and compliments, thanks for all friends that sending Smileys and likes
it's my honor to get this recognition from all of you :)

Last edited:
Back